The aim of Preview is making available in a single point the updates of the middleware products as soon as they are released by the product teams. The same updates will also undergo to the usual UMD verification and staged rollout processes, which require several weeks to be completed; instead, through the Preview repository the resource centres administrators can avoid this wait and can apply the updates on their machines as soon as they are announced. Our plan is to release the Preview updates on a monthly basis, after having gathered the relevant information by the product teams.
Note: EGI provides the preview repository without any additional quality assurance process, but the products are released as they are provided by the product team. EGI recommends the use of the UMD repositories, which contain software verified through the quality assurance process of UMD.
The product teams usually announce a new version of their product by a GGUS ticket or email to URT team. In the announcement it is reported all the relevant information about the update: description of new features and bugfixes, installation and configuration details. The new packages are downloaded and signed, then it is created a new release of the Preview middleware uploading the new packages into the repository. After preparing the release notes, the Preview update is announced.
Starting point: Preview 1.0.0 series
The first Preview release is a mirror of the EMI3 repository, containing the Update 29 (11.11.2015) - v. 3.17.1-1 http://www.eu-emi.eu/releases/emi-3-monte-bianco/updates
All the 62 products making part of EMI-3 are included in this first release.
The operative systems supported are:
- Scientific Linux 6 /64 bit
- Debian squeeze 6 /64 bit
There is a single repository for all the components and for each OS.
This is the list of products contained in the first release:
- APEL parsers
- APEL publisher
- APEL SSM
- ARC CE
- ARC Clients
- ARC Core
- ARC gridftp server
- ARC InfoSys
- ARGUS EES
- BDII core
- BDII site
- BDII top
- CREAM GE module
- CREAM LSF module
- CREAM SLURM module
- CREAM TORQUE module
- Delegation Java
- gLite CLUSTER
- SLURM WN Config
- StoRM SE
- TORQUE server config
- TORQUE WN config
- UNICORE Client6
- UNICORE Gateway6
- UNICORE HILA
- UNICORE Registry6
- UNICORE TSI6
- UNICORE UVOS
- UNICORE X/6
- UNICORE XUUDB
Introducing CentOS 7 platform support: Preview 2.0.0 series
The second major release of Preview was created for releasing the products available on CentOS 7 and Scientific Linux 6 platforms that are about to be included in UMD4.
The products available in this first release are only for CentOS 7 platform:
The Scientific Linux 6 products will be available in one of the next updates.
In order to configure the Preview repository, download it from the EGI Community Repository:
- SL6: http://repository.egi.eu/community/software/preview.repository/1.0/releases/repofiles/sl-6-x86_64.repo
- Debian squeeze: http://repository.egi.eu/community/software/preview.repository/1.0/releases/repofiles/debian-squeeze-amd64.list
- CentOS7: http://repository.egi.eu/community/software/preview.repository/2.0/releases/repofiles/centos-7-x86_64.repo
- tarball for CentOS7: http://repository.egi.eu/community/software/preview.repository/2.0/releases/generic/
In case of SL6 and centos7, you should give this repository a higher priority than the EPEL one (install yum-priorities for this purpose). Please add also the protect option. For instance, the repository file should look like the following one:
# EGI Applications Database (http://appdb.egi.eu/) # EGI Community repository (http://repository.egi.eu/community/) # POA ID:327 # Created: 2016-02-23 12:01:50 EEST [preview.repository-sl-6-x86_64] name=Repository for preview.repository (o/s: sl6 arch: x86_64) baseurl=http://repository.egi.eu/community/software/preview.repository/1.0/releases/sl/6/x86_64/RPMS/ protect=1 enabled=1 # To use priorities you must have yum-priorities installed priority=40 gpgcheck=0
Then you have to disable/comment/delete the EMI or UMD repositories (if installed) on your machines in order to avoid any mismatch.
- Preview 1.19.0 AppDB info (sl6): ARGUS 1.7.2, CGSI-gSOAP 1.3.11, CREAM 1.16.7, davix 0.6.8, dCache 3.2.27, frontier-squid 3.5.27-5.2, STORM 1.11.14, xrootd 4.8.4
- Preview 2.19.0 AppDB info (CentOS 7): CGSI-gSOAP 1.3.11, CREAM 1.16.7, davix 0.6.8, dCache 3.2.27, frontier-squid 3.5.27-5.2, xrootd 4.8.4
- Preview 1.16.0 AppDB info (sl6): APEL-SSM 2.2.0, ARC 15.03 update 18, CVMFS 2.4.4, davix 0.6.7, dCache 2.16.58 and dcap 2.47.12, DPM 1.9.2, XRootD 4.8.0
- Preview 1.16.1 (sl6): it simply fixes a problem in the apel-ssm file released with the previous update
- Preview 2.16.0 AppDB info (CentOS 7): APEL-SSM 2.2.0, ARC 15.03 update 18, CVMFS 2.4.4, davix 0.6.7, dCache 3.1.27 and dcap 2.47.12, DPM 1.9.2, XRootD 4.8.0
- Preview 1.14.0 AppDB info (sl6): ARC 15.03 update 16, CVMFS 2.4.1, DMLite 0.8.8, gfal2 2.14.2, gfal2-python 1.9.3, gfal2-utils 1.5.1, STORM 1.11.12, VOMS Admin 3.7.0, XRootD 4.7.0
- Preview 2.14.0 AppDB info (CentOS 7): ARC 15.03 update 16, ARGUS 1.7.2, CVMFS 2.4.1, DMLite 0.8.8, gfal2 2.14.2, gfal2-python 1.9.3, gfal2-utils 1.5.1, UI 4.0.3, XRootD 4.7.0
- Preview 1.13.0 AppDB info (sl6): ARC 15.03 u15, dCache 2.16.40, frontier-squid 3.5.24-3.1, LCGdm-dav 0.18.2, QCG Broker 4.2.0
- Preview 2.13.0 AppDB info (CentOS 7): ARC 15.03 u15, ARGUS 1.7.1, CREAM 1.16.5, dCache 3.1.9 & SRM client 3.0.11, frontier-squid 3.5.24-3.1, LCGdm-dav 0.18.2, QCG Broker 4.2.0
- Preview 1.11.0 AppDB info (sl6): ARC 15.03 update 12, CernVM-FS 2.3.5, gfal2 2.13.3, gfal2-utils 1.5.0, srm-ifce 1.24.2, XRootD 4.6.0
- Preview 2.11.0 AppDB info (CentOS 7): ARC 15.03 update 12, CernVM-FS 2.3.5, dCache 3.0.12, emi-UI 4.0.2, gfal2 2.13.3, gfal2-utils 1.5.0, glite-ce-cream-client 1.15, glite-yaim-clients 5.2.1-1, srm-ifce 1.24.2, XRootD 4.6.0
|-||Alessandro Paolini||2016-11-25||added link to tarball repository|
|-||Alessandro Paolini||2016-03-31||added Preview 2.0.0 paragraph|