EGI-Engage:Contractual documents-reimbursing procedures
|EGI-Engage project:||Main page||WP1(NA1)||WP3(JRA1)||WP5(SA1)||PMB||Deliverables and Milestones||Quality Plan||Risk Plan||Data Plan|
| Roles and
|WP2(NA2)||WP4(JRA2)||WP6(SA2)||AMB||Software and services||Metrics||Project Office||Procedures|
|EGI-Engage Project Office:||Contact details||Contracts, Minutes||Reimbursing procedures||Project reporting||Advance Payments||Financial reports||Project Administration Archive|
Project Reimbursement procedures
EGI.eu holds a budget to provide support for unfunded members of the new user communities and unfunded partners (primarily those in the ICPC, USA and Asia Pacific) to attend major EGI-Engage events. It is also available to support the engagement of funded project partners that represent small or emerging NGIs, under certain conditions and after validation of the project Director. The reimbursement is based on a lump sum for expenses and only available for external staff such as: visitors, speakers, participants of EGI-Engage project.
Lump sum refunding rules
The amount of the lump sum includes 3 components, a variable travel component, a fixed subsistence component and a fixed registration component. All three being refunded distinctly and considering the geographical location of the external traveler visiting Europe: Asia/Transcontinental: 1200 travel + (180 subsistence+ 100 registration)*5 days USA/Mediterranean countries/International: 600 travel + (180 subsistence+ 100 registration)*5 days EU: 300 travel + (180 subsistence+ 100 registration)*5 days The amount we will provide as a lump sum is determined by this formula.
From 2015 onwards for an Asian partner and for 3 days of attendance at the Community Forum we would provide a lump sum of 2040€ for the costs. We would not refund more than this amount. If participation is extended to the whole week (5 days) it would be 2600€. The weekly compensation including reimbursement of 5-days conference registration cannot exceed 1700€ for business trip within EU, 2000€ for a business trip from the USA/Mediterranean countries/International and 2600 € for a business trip from Asia/Transcontinental.
The same model will apply in reverse for people travelling to Asia/Transcontinental, USA/Mediterranean countries/International and Europe. If you are in EU travelling to Asia/Transcontinental then it is the Asia/Transcontinental travel allowance plus the same registration and subsistence levels.
The travelers shall use this reimbursement reimbursement form. The form must be sent to our secretary Marie-Louise van der Weijde: email@example.com
Supporting documentation: Upon return, the traveler must provide:
* travel: boarding passes (or train tickets, or similar) to demonstrate that s/he travelled according to the details specified in the Lump Sum Scheme form;
* registration fees: an invoice to demonstrate that a registration fees has been paid. (Because the reimbursement is a flat rate, the actual value of the registration is not relevant – as long as it is specified and above zero.)
* Subsistence fees: not required
* If the traveler lives in the same town of, or within 30Km of the conference venue, no support will be paid for transportation. If the traveler lives in the same country where the conference will be held, the amount of the lump sum may be reduced. The exact value will be discussed and agreed with the candidate ahead of the travel. Finally if the traveler plans to travel by his/her own means to the conference (i.e. which will not result in a boarding pass or a ticket), this must be discussed with the traveler budget holder ahead of the travel.
* If the event does not charge registration fees or if the traveler lacks to provide the invoice, no support will be paid for registration costs;
* If the travler lives in the same town of, or within 30Km of the conference venue, the subsistence will be reduced as no accommodation is needed. The exact value will be discussed and agreed with the candidate ahead of the travel.
Principle concerning the lump sum reimbursement
Lump sum reimbursement can only apply to reimburse external people in the frame of an EC funded contract when EGI.eu has been allocated the funds specifically to do so.
- The reimbursement is not made pursuant to a detailed list of the expenses, although it requires proof that the trip has happened and the meeting or conference has been attended. Supporting documents are: invitation letter, boarding passes, conference registration receipt, signed attendees list if available;
- "One day" literally means turning up to and participating in the meeting and the sessions during the meeting;
- The lump sum reimbursements includes a flight cost reimbursement, a day compensation (subsistence, hotel and public transport), and a registration compensation (if needed to attend the meeting); Subsistence includes hotel and local transportation;
- The lump sum reimbursements will cover all costs including telephone, mini bar and any other exceptional expenses occurred. Other costs will not be refunded unless approved by the EGI.eu Director prior to travel;