DCH-RP:Proofs Of Concept
|WP5: Proofs of Concept||Scenarios||PoC Phase 1||PoC Phase 2||DCH Glossary|
|WP5: Proofs of Concept |||Documentation guidelines |||DCH Glossary|
Work Package 5 in the DCH-RP project will conduct a number of Proofs of Concepts (PoC) during the project's lifetime.
These Proofs of Concept aim to inform the main output of the project - the roadmap to preservation in the digital cultural heritage community in Europe. Vice versa, the Roadmap itself will steer which topics and infrastructure scenarios will be studied in the Proofs of Concepts.
Work Package members
The following European Member States are represented in WP5 (representing institute in brackets):
- Belgium (BELSPO)
- Estonia (EVKM)
- Hungary (NIIFI)
- Italy (ICCU)
- Poland (PSNC)
- Sweden (RA)
France is considering joining the consortium.
|Code||Title||Delivery PM||Delivery CM||Delivered||Status|
|D5.1||Technical Plan for DCH-RP Proofs of Concept||3||December 2012||January 2013|
|D5.2||Upgraded e-Science Gateway||6||March 2013||April 2013|
|D5.3||Report on the first Proof of Concept||12||September 2013||October 2013|
|D5.4||Report on the second Proof of Concept||21||June 2014|
Work Package 5 is using the Scrum agile Project Management methodology. This section briefly outlines the Scrum roles assigned to the members in this work package, and how this links to the other sections within the WP5 wiki entries.
- Project Sponsor
- Ideally, the Project Sponsor would aggregate all necessary empowerment. However, in this project, reality provides us with one financial sponsor (the European Commission), the team member sponsors (the partner institutes participating in Work Package 5, and the management sponsor (the Project Coordinator together with the Project Management Board). However, a Technical Coordinator for the project was proposed and accepted for the DCH-RP project, providing a fairly natural choice for this role. Thus, the Technical Coordinator of the DCH-RP Project, Promoter SA (PM), shall represent the Project Sponsor for WP5.
The named individual shall be Antonella Fresa, deputised by Claudio Prandoni (both PM)
- Product Owner
- The main contributor to WP5’s work will be Work Package 3, augmented by material from Work Package 4. Given the nature of the major interaction and collaboration within the project, it makes sense to appoint two Product Owners for the activities in WP5, as the leaders of the Work Packages 3 and 4, respectively.
The named individuals shall be Borje Justrell (RA) and Rosette Vandenbroucke (BELSPO).
- Facilitator (Scrum Master)
- Being a fairly obvious assignment, EGI.eu, as the Work Package 5 leader, will assume the role and responsibilities of the Facilitator.
The named individual is Michel Drescher (EGI.eu).
- Project Team
- Last but not least, the Project Team will comprise all the partners collaborating in the Proofs of Concept. Again, the situation needs to take into account that the Project Team members will not be available 100% of their time, as the Scrum guidelines recommend. Rather, the partners act as representatives to their local institutions and colleagues who will conduct the actual work. Thus, the members of the Project Team will be named individuals representing the work package partner institutes, acting as proxies and coordinators to the actual work carried out by the cultural heritage institutes:
Belgium(BELSPO): Rosette Vandenbroucke, Hilke Arijs, Hans Opstaele
Estonia (EVKM): Indrek Eensaar
Hungary (NIIFI): Lajos Balint
Italy (ICCU):Giovanni Ciccaglioni, Patrizia Martini, Laura Ciancio
Italy (INFN): Roberto Barbera
Poland (PSNC): Maciej Brzezniak, Norbert Meyer
Sweden (RA): Sanja Halling, Rolf Källman, Eva Toller
e-Cultural Science Gateway (e-CSG)
The e-Cultural Science Gateway is described at http://dch-rp.eu/index.php?en/98/e-culture-science-gateway and available at http://ecsg.dch-rp.eu/
The WP5 backlog is kept in a Google spreadsheet that anyone with the pink can access at http://go.egi.eu/DCHRP-WP5-Backlog. All Scrum participants (i.e. the sponsors, product owners and team members) will be granted write access to the spreadsheet.
The Backlog including sprint history is kept in a Google spreadsheet for its collaborative features that are required for Scrum meetings. With respect to the concern on IPR and copyright on data stored in Google documents, the information contained in the backlog is of transient nature, it describes what and how we do certain things when. In that sense, it is metadata about our work.
Traditionally, User Stories are engineered so that they can be taken directly into the Backlog for the team to work on. For this project, however, this is unlikely to be the case. They rather describe usage scenarios and requirements that need to be broken down into smaller, actionable tasks.
User stories will be collected and kept in their own area in the wiki for better overview. If necessary, they will be referenced and broken down into Epics and Tasks, which will be organised and augmented in separate areas for PoC1 and PoC2.
A mailing list dedicated to WP5 for specific discussions. The member list is available here: https://www.egi.eu/sso/group/dchrp-wp
Web access to the mailing list: https://mailman.egi.eu/mailman/listinfo/dchrp-wp5
Mailing list address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mailing list archive: https://mailman.egi.eu/mailman/private/dchrp-wp5/