|Main||EGI.eu operations services||Support||Documentation||Tools||Activities||Performance||Technology||Catch-all Services||Resource Allocation||Security|
Detailed agenda: Grid Operations Meeting 23 March 2012 14h00 Amsterdam time
Note: This meeting is on Friday, due of clashing with the Community Forum 2012.
|EVO direct link|| Pwd: gridops|
|EVO details||Indico page|
1. Actions from previous meeting
- Create a wiki page to collect EMI WN and UI issues:EMI WN and UI known issues
- Check the sites deploying gLite3.1 WNs: Worker Nodes gLite3.1
2. Middleware releases and staged rollout
2.1 EMI-1 release status
2.2 Staged Rollout
Real-time provisioning status for UMD 1.6.0 is here: UMD 1.6.0
Some comments follow:
- IGE2 (Globus 5.2): most components are expected to be included in the UMD1.6 release. Presently just waiting for the finalization of the staged rollout reports.
- IGE2 - gridftp server issue, see below.
- VOMS 2.0.7 and Gridsite 1.7.19 that where impacting the WMS, are now being fast verified, EA teams already did testing, so the SW provisioning will be fast so that they can be included in the umd release.
- BDII core 1.3.0, was also tested by EA teams and should override the bdii core 1.2.0 . The latest version solves, among other things, some memory leak issues.
- IGE SAGA adaptors - mails have been sent (reminder sent yesterday) to get sites and/or users interested in this component, to come forward and do early adoption.
GTK 5.2 and globus-gridftp patch
Cristina Aiftimiei wrote in an Email on 16 March 2012:
if you include GTK5.2 -> you can remove uberftp, but will break DPM & STORM production. if you include GTK 5.2 + last glibus-gridftp-server -> you can remove uberftp, DPM production should work (Mattias had the confirmation) but for StoRM we are still waiting for such a confirmation (today).
The currently provisionied IGE Globus GridFTP contains this mentioned patch. DPM and StoRM in Production have been tested against this, and do work fine.
An older version of Uberftp is currently in our production repository to protect EMI-UI from the version in EPEL that is compiled against the backwards-incompatible version of Globus GridFTP. As soon as the patched version of Globus GridFTP will be published, this old version of Uberftp will be removed at the same time.
3. Operational Issues
TMPDIR policy proposal
Follow up of the discussion in the previous meeting: Agenda-12-03-2012
- The location for the jobs to write large files (where the storage space required in the VO ID card is available) is stored in the $TMPDIR environment variable.
- Jobs' wrappers should be aware of this, and should not alter this variable (it is supposed to be set up by the Site Administrator)
- If the variable is not set in the environment, the jobs should assume that the needed disk space is available in the job's WORKDIR.
- For now, consider this proposal limited to the gLite middleware. It needs to be evaluated for other middleware.
- In principle, it would be reasonable to have an uniform behavior.