VT Scientific Discipline Classification Tasks
|EGI Activity groups||Special Interest groups||Policy groups||Virtual teams||Distributed Competence Centres|
|EGI Virtual teams:||Main •||Active Projects •||Closed Projects •||Guidelines|
|VT Scientific Discipline Classification:||Home •||Scientific Disciplines •||Change Management •||Query API •||Tasks/Actions/Plans •||Meetings •|
AppDB Implementation Plan
- Extend the current AppDB REST API, in order to provide two additional resources related to the scientific classification.
- GET classification/versions: a list of high-level metadata for each scientific classification version that exists in the system.
- GET classification/version/:id: the full metadata of a specific (:id) scientific classification version •
- Modify the backend system (database) in order to be able to handle multiple versions of the scientific classification structure.
- Responses should be available in both XML (default) and JSON representation.
Phase B (on the first available timeslot after phase A):
- A read-only, tree-like, user-interface (UI), capable of displaying the scientific classification versions of at any state ('stable', 'under-level' and 'archived')
- The UI will be accessible via the EGI AppDB portal.
Phase C ('if requested explicitly):
- The UI developed under phase B could be extended in order to offer write capabilities.
Phase D (if requested explicitly):
- A new resource 'GET classification/diffs/:id/:id' could be implemented. This resource will return the differences between two scientific classification versions
Virtual Team Actions
- 00/01 - All: Review background material produced in preparation for VT (https://wiki.egi.eu/wiki/Scientific_Disciplines / http://go.egi.eu/lbhrc)
- 01/01 - EGI.eu: Identify someone from the Accounting Portal to join the VT.
- 01/02 - JT: Circulate classification list used in Lithuania.
- 01/03 - SH: Review LT classification and include in Google Spreadsheet.
- 01/04 - Tool Managers: Provide a preliminary assessment of the technical steps that would need to be taken for and impact of implementing a new classification and level of preferred/required detail.
- 01/05 - All: Review and comment on proposed Frascati classification.
- 02/01 - SH/GB: Provide a preliminary mapping for review.
- 02/02 - MC: Send a list of sub-disciplines used in AppDB via mailing list.
- 02/03 - ID/AS: Provide preliminary assessment of Accounting Portal via mailing list (To be provided within the Final Report - See Action 03/07)
- 02/04 - CO: Provide preliminary assessment of Operations Portal via mailing list (To be provided within the Final Report - See Action 03/07)
- 02/05 - VT Members: Provide initial feedback to the Final Report ToC. (New action to complete allocated sections - See Action 03/07)
- 03/01 - GB: Complete manual mapping of CRM entries to new classification (closed action - to be done during implementation phase)
- 03/02 - SH: Separate Ops Portal and AppDB1 mapping in Spreadsheet
- 03/03 - MC: Articulate AppDB issues and recommendations as part of allocated section in Final Report
- 03/04 - VT Members: Provide a list of disciplines that are “Interdisciplinary”
- 03/05 - SH: Input list of VOs in spreadsheet and provide first mapping
- 03/06 - MF: Provide feedback to VO classification
- 03/07 - SH: Prepare message for VO managers and circulate via mailing list (See Action 05/02)
- 03/08 - VT Members: Provide contributions to allocated sections of Final Report by 22 Feb (Closed action as individual ones created)
- 04/01 - JT: Review Level 3 and suggest modifications
- 04/02 - GB: Send contribution for CRM by 27 Feb
- 04/03 - CD: Send contribution for TMP by 27 Feb
- 04/04 - ID: Send contribution for AP by 27 Feb
- 04/05 - SH/CO: Follow-up for OP contribution
- 04/06 - MC: Provide recommendation how classification could be centrally hosted and used
- 04/07 - SH: Integrate comments and circulate revised version of final report before next call
- 05/01 - GR: Contact Tristan from Life Sciences for early feedback regarding the classification
- 05/02 - SH: Create two messages for feedback: One for VO managers and one for NILs
- 05/03 - SH: Add proposed classification to VT wiki page
- 05/04 - SH: Add processes and procedures for maintaining and updating the classification including ownership
- 05/05 - CD: Review final version of the final report
- 07/01 - SH: Add reference to Frascati FOS and Wikipedia on the classification wikipage.
- 07/02 - SH: Remove all “s”s for “science” in the classification
- 07/03 - SH: Add extra info for Artificial Intelligence in ( ).
- 07/04 - SH: Shorten 4.4.4 and 4.4.5.
- 07/05 - SH: Put info in ( ) in italics and add a note.
- 07/06 - Tool Managers: Provide a statement regarding the availability of effort in PY4 to implement the classification and level of priority.
- 07/07 - SH: Make final changes to report and circulate to EGI Management (https://documents.egi.eu/document/1514).