VT GPGPU/Weekly Reports/20120608
|EGI Activity groups||Special Interest groups||Policy groups||Virtual teams||Distributed Competence Centres|
|EGI Virtual teams:||Main •||Active Projects •||Closed Projects •||Guidelines|
At week ending 20120608 (YYYY/MM/DD), there are 16 subscribed members to the Virtual Team mailing list.
Karolis organised the first VT-GPGPU phone conference by doodle poll, and this was held on Thursday 7th June (2:00pm CET).
John drafted a new call to encourage the community users to join the VT, this was published as a broadcast by Tiziana
VT-GPGPU Phone conference
The meeting itself was attended by approximately 11 people. The agenda included:
- Introduction & review of the scope of the Virtual Team,
- Review of the timelines as indicated in the wiki
- User Survey general discussion - Format of Survey & topic headings and questions
- Use Case gathering
- Task assignment - who is volunteering to doing what?
The brief conclusions of the meeting are:
- The Wiki shall be used to manage the draft survey
- The draft survey should be ready in the next 2-3 weeks
- (this is to ensure a timely distribution before summer holidays).
- Participants in the meeting should suggest headings and questions for the survey.
- Timelines mentioned for the tasks mentioned on the Wiki Page should be ajusted appropriately.
- We should look at organinising a GPGPU session at the Technical Forum
- A number of use cases were suggested:
- (R+GPGPU with Biomed, CompChem, MonteCarlo simulations ...)
- We need to document the use cases.
- Procedure for handling the team reports
- The weekly report should be added to the wiki first
- A notice sent to the members of the page Location,
- Members can update or correct the page as necessary.
- Most of the team communication shall be via the list and via the Wiki.
List of attendees:
Jan Just Keijser
Plans for the week ahead
- Prepare initial draft outline
- Gather information on Use Cases
- There were many problems in using EVO to handle the conference call - Drop outs, microphones inexplicably not working under linux