|Main||EGI.eu operations services||Support||Documentation||Tools||Activities||Performance||Technology||Catch-all Services||Resource Allocation||Security|
|Documentation menu:||Home •||Manuals •||Procedures •||Training •||Other •||Contact ►||For:||VO managers •||Administrators|
Back to Troubleshooting Guide
GRAM Authentication test failure
$ globus-job-run lxn1184.cern.ch /usr/bin/env GRAM Job submission failed because the connection to the server failed (check host and port) (error code 12) $ globusrun -a -r lxn1184.cern.ch GRAM Authentication test failure: connecting to the job manager failed. Possible reasons: job terminated, invalid job contact, network problems, ...
The client could not authenticate the service.
- Is the CA for the service present on the client machine?
- Is it still valid? Check with: openssl x509 -noout -text -in the_CA_file
- Check $X509_CERT_DIR (instead of /etc/grid-security/certificates) if defined.
- Is the CA perhaps overridden by a file in your ~/.globus directory?
- Are the certificate revocation lists (CRLs) up to date?
- See also 7_authentication_failed
- Is the time correct on the client and the server? If the client's time is ahead of the server's time, the service might consider a fresh proxy not yet valid.