EGI-InSPIRE:Globus integration task force

From EGIWiki
Jump to: navigation, search
EGI Activity groups Special Interest groups Policy groups Virtual teams Distributed Competence Centres


Alert.png This article is Deprecated and should no longer be used, but is still available for reasons of reference.

Contents

Interoperations menu: Home Unicore Globus Mapper/QCG ARC Desktop Grids EGI Federated Cloud XSEDE Contact



Coordinator: M. Krakowian/EGI.eu

Meetings page: https://www.egi.eu/indico/categoryDisplay.py?categId=53

Mailing list: globus-integration-tf@mailman.egi.eu

Mailing list page: https://www.egi.eu/sso/groupView/globus-integration-tf

NGIs with Globus RC's: NGI_HR, NGI_DE, NGI_NL, NGI_UK

Current status

Status of integration

Status Comments
Management

Completed

  • globus-GRIDFTP
  • globus-RLS
  • globus-GSISSHD
  • GRAM5
Monitoring

Completed

  • globus-GRIDFTP - hr.srce.GridFTP-Transfer, org.nagios.GridFTP-Check
  • globus-GSISSHD - org.nagios.gsissh-Check
  • GRAM5 - hr.srce.GRAM-Auth, hr.srce.GRAM-Command, hr.srce.GRAM-CertLifetime

In EGI OPS Availability and Reliability Profile:

  • GRAM5 - hr.srce.GRAM-CertLifetime, hr.srce.GRAM-Auth, hr.srce.GRAM-Command
Accounting

Completed

Manual: MAN09

Support

Completed

Globus support is provided by the EGCF product team through the EGI Helpdesk with base level of service support
Dashboard

Completed

  • GGUS-81278
    • hr.srce.GRAM-Auth
    • hr.srce.GRAM-CertLifetime
    • hr.srce.GRAM-Command
    • hr.srce.GridFTP-Transfer
    • org.nagios.GridFTP-Check
    • org.nagios.gsissh-Check
Documentation

Completed

Information System

Completed

Manual: MAN08

Actions

Open action points

Closed action points

September 2012

Action

Descripton Assigned to Deadline Concerning
ACTION 1 Check the integration of sgutils perl library into epel repository. Emir Imamagic
Monitoring
ACTION 2 Find out the best location for source code of probes. Helmut Heller
Monitoring
ACTION 3
Provide update on accounting. Steve Crouch, John Robinson
Accounting
ACTION 4
Organize the next meeting in first 2 weeks of November (5th – 16th) Małgorzata Krakowian

June 2012

Action

Descripton Assigned to Deadline Concerning
ACTION 1 Modify certification procedure for Globus sites.

PROC09 HOWTO04#Globus_checks

Małgorzata Krakowian
Documentation
ACTION 4
Find out GLUE 2.0 support plans in WMS. Peter Solagna


June 2012

ACTION 3: Distribute materials on installation of GRAM5. (David Groep)

ACTION 2: Move probes to IGE repositories. (Daniel Waldmann)

March 2012

ACTION 1: Propose on the next OMB inclusion of Globus tests to Operations tests. (Tiziana Ferrari, Emir Imamagic)

Old action points

Actionpoints on hold

Closed action points

If another meeting is necessary before the TF in Lyon will be decided during this meeting.
Update: http://www.doodle.com/dk532e78uerp84nh
Update 110714: If we need an other meeting during August then a dedicated one about staged-rollout: AP on MD to decide whether we need a dedicated meeting on staged-rollout during August.
Update 110728: EI provided a link to http://wiki.cro-ngi.hr/en/index.php/Globus_BDII_integration

after meeting on 110714


after meeting on 110606

An update has been given by IS during the meeting 110606. IIS is still in alphastate.


Created a new AP on SC to keep us updated on the efforts within the EMI ComputeAccounting wg.


Update: JR and other people on the LRZ testbed to get the missing Globus log part of the RUS publisher client, the harvester, from the original NeSCForge (or Steven Booth) and adept it according to their needs.
Update: Meeting between JR and Steven Booth on 110607 to get Grid-SAFE working on the testbed and to discuss the moving of the complete code to SourceForge to create a complete distribution there and the best ways to release it and advertise. Probable timeframe for move: 2 weeks.
Created a new AP on SC to keep us updated on it and provide us with some more details on the exact roadmap for the release on our mailinglist.


Update: Ticket created: https://gus.fzk.de/ws/ticket_info.php?ticket=70499
Update: Ticket was confirmed and solved. Some people needed more rights to access, update and close the ticket in GGUS. No more explicit test tickets needed. Another ticket already open: https://ggus.eu/tech/ticket_show.php?ticket=70857


Answer: SOAP over https.


Update: Event passed successfully. A follow-up event will be held in about a year. Collocation with another event is planned.

after first meeting

https://www.egi.eu/indico/conferenceDisplay.py?confId=469

Personal tools
Namespaces
Variants
Actions
Navigation
Toolbox
Print/export