EGI Core activities:2013-bidding 2nd level support (core platform)
|Main||EGI.eu operations services||Support||Documentation||Tools||Activities||Performance||Technology||Catch-all Services||Resource Allocation||Security|
|EGI Core services menu:||Services PHASE I •||Services PHASE II •||Services PHASE III •||Bids •||Payments •||Travel procedure •||Performance|
Go back to the EGI Core Activities Bidding page.
Go back to the Core EGI activity list.
- Service name: Second level support to core platform services
- Service category: Operations
- Service type: Coordination, operation
EGI provides support to users and operators through a distributed helpdesk with central coordination (GGUS). The central helpdesk provides a single interface for support.
Software-related tickets that reach the second level of support are analysed and if necessary are forwarded to 3rd line support units only when there are clear indications of a defect (in software, documentation, etc.). The involved partners provide a pool of experts available for deep analysis and solving the reported issues. This function includes the production of HOWTOs and document known issues of deployed software, and collaboration with operations in case of critical incidents.
This service includes 2nd level technical support in the following areas. Support about use of the central operations tools and their integration with other services of the Core Infrastructure Platform is part of the task that is in charge of the operations of the maintenance of the central tools.
- APEL parser and publisher
- Installation, configuration, operation and integration of the APEL Regional Server
- Installation, configuration, operation and integration of the regional Accounting Portal
Service Availability Monitoring
- SAM functionality , SAM installation, upgrade and configuration issues, functionality of the MyEGI and of other SAM components.
Authentication and Authorization
- Services for user authentication and authorization (includes VOMS and ARGUS)
- BDII (site and top-level)
Service level targets
- Response to incident records in GGUS within support hours: Advanced (see https://wiki.egi.eu/wiki/FAQ_GGUS-PT-QoS-Levels#Advanced_service)