EGI Core activities:2013-bidding 1st level support
|Main||EGI.eu operations services||Support||Documentation||Tools||Activities||Performance||Technology||Catch-all Services||Resource Allocation||Security|
|EGI Core services menu:||Services PHASE I •||Services PHASE II •||Services PHASE III •||Bids •||Payments •||Travel procedure •||Performance|
Go back to the EGI Core Activities Bidding page.
Go back to the Core EGI activity list.
- Service name: First level support
- Service category: Operations
- Service type: Coordination, operation
First level support is part of the EGI support service delivered through GGUS.
EGI provides support to users and operators through a distributed helpdesk with central coordination (GGUS). The central helpdesk provides a single interface for support.
First level support is responsible for ticket triage and assignment. Ticket triage requires a rota structure to make sure that a service is provided during regular business days. The assigner is responsible for initial analysis of the incoming ticket, requesting additional information from the submitter, and then either delivering a solution or assigning the ticket to a particular expert to resolve, or to NGIs in case of operational incidents. This activity is also responsible for the coordination with teams responsible for 2nd level and 3rd level support.
Service level targets
- Maximum time to assign a ticket to a support unit within support hours: 1h
- Maximum response time to tickets that are internally handled by 1st level support: 1 h (see https://wiki.egi.eu/wiki/FAQ_Report_Generator_%28GGUS%29#Timestamps_and_metrics)