|Main||EGI.eu operations services||Support||Documentation||Tools||Activities||Performance||Technology||Catch-all Services||Resource Allocation||Security|
Detailed agenda: Grid Operations Meeting 08 October 2012
|EVO direct link|| Pwd: gridops|
|EVO details||Indico page|
1. Middleware releases and staged rollout
1.1. Update on the status of EMI updates
Cristina Aiftimiei (EMI) reports about the status of EMI release updates. EMI releases status.
1.2. Staged Rollout
UMD 2.2.0 to be announced today, products of this update are here:
The ARC 2.0.0 clients are in the production repositories due to the emi-ui being in production. This will have to be evaluated/commented due to the issue with the ARC CE 2.0.0
A list of products for the next UMD 2.3.0 update will be compiled soon, as well as fixing the release date:
UMD 1.9.0 release date is fixed to 29 October:
- Components ready in UMDStore area:
- BDII Core 1.4.0 (to be released today in UMD 2.2.0)
- GFAL/lcg_utils 1.13.0 (to be released today in UMD 2.2.0)
- IGE Gridway 5.10.2
- Products in staged rollout:
- WMS 3.3.8
- CREAM 1.13.4 (due to a mismatch between EMI and UMD versions, this is 1.13.5 in UMD)
- IGE SAGA 1.6.1
- Products in verification:
- All ARC 1.1.1 - CE, clients and Infosys
The following table contains the products that have no EA, if no site offers to do staged rollout for it, we will not include them in future umd releases:
I plan to pass all EAs of DPM, LFC and BDIIs still in EMI1 to EMI2, there are no planed updates in the near future for it. If for any chance there comes an urgent fix or security vulnerability affecting any of those in the future, we will deal with it in a case by case basis.
2. Operational Issues
2.1 Decommissioning of unsupported middleware
The unsupported middleware should have been decommissioned by the sites at the beginning of October
- gLite 3.1, part of gLite3.2
- Services must be upgraded to a UMD release, or must be decommissioned.
- Sites must follow the service decommissioning procedure.
EGI CSIRT and Operations portal set up an automatic monitoring system for obsolete middleware, you can find the today's report of this monitoring: List of NGI/Sites deploying unsupported middleware on October 8th
The next steps will be:
- COD is creating GGUS tickets vs sites deploying unsupported middleware, asking to upgrade or decommission within the end of the month.
- Sites must acknowledge the ticket, and report any expected delay on the timeline.
- At the end of the month EGI CSIRT will follow up with sites still deploying unsupported software. Those sites will be eligible for suspension.
- Availability of relocatable UI/WN tarballs:
3.1 Next meeting
Minutes are available here.