EGI Core activities:2013-bidding Collaboration Tools IT support
|Main||EGI.eu operations services||Support||Documentation||Tools||Activities||Performance||Technology||Catch-all Services||Resource Allocation||Security|
|EGI Core services menu:||Services PHASE I •||Services PHASE II •||Services PHASE III •||Bids •||Payments •||Travel procedure •||Performance|
Go back to the EGI Core Activities Bidding page.
Go back to the Core EGI activity list.
- Service name: Collaboration tools and IT support
- Service category: Admin
- Service type: Operation and maintenance
The task provides the following services for the EGI collaboration, all the services requiring authentication must interface with SSO:
- EGI.eu Web site hosting and CMS maintenance
- EGI main events dedicated webspace
- EGI SSO
- Including shibboleth access for third party services using SSO as ID provider
- Instant messaging (Jabber)
- RT must interface with the UMD software provisioning system. Tight cooperation with the provider of the UMD infrastructure is expected
- Main DNS for egi.eu domain
- Host and run the services
- Create new SSO groups, mailing lists and Wiki namespaces
- Provide usage statistics upon request
- Create dedicated web spaces for the main EGI events
- Deploy regularly relevant software patches and new releases in order to keep the services up to date
- Adapt RT Scrips, dashboards upon request
- Extend SSO to be ID provider for new services, upon request
- Creation of new queues in RT and new metadata
Service level targets
EGI collaboration services must have 90% availability over the month
If provided the DNS service must have Availability > 99% on a monthly basis.
The activity must provide support (through the IT support mail address) during regular working hours.