100603 DMSU Kickoff Meeting, Amsterdam
|Main||EGI.eu operations services||Support||Documentation||Tools||Activities||Performance||Technology||Catch-all Services||Resource Allocation||Security|
|DMSU menu:||Home •||Interactions •||Ticket priorities •||Ticked followup •||Documentation •||Internals|
Today we had the kickoff meeting of the DMSU.
Please check the ACTION summary in the end - it might contain your name or initials...
- Rebecca Brea (RB), FZJ
- Alessandro Paolini (AP), INFN
- Jens Larsson (JL), NSC/NDGF
- Ales Krenek (AK), CESNET
- Steven Newhouse (SN), EGI
- Michael Gronager (MG), NDGF
Slides from the meeting can be found here: 
The meeting outcome was:
Staff and people
The staff assigned to the DMSU are divided into:
- Assigners (Rebecca, Alessandro, Jens, Ales, and a Globus contact from BADW-LRZ)
- Resolvers (rest of the DMSU staff)
The assigners keep track and responsibility of the issues assigned to staff from their partner.
Interaction with 1st level and 3rd level
- The TPM, EGI first level support, will assign all tickets related to middleware issues to the DMSU.
- The tickets will however, also be assigned to the relevant 3rd level support unit following the model for ROCs and Sites in EGEE; The DMSU act as overseeing ROC for its Middleware Contributes acting as sites in this analogy.
- The DMSU will define flavors based on partner expertise, MG will setup a wiki for that helping to guide the TPM to assign the ticket to the right DMSU partner.
- Issues are assigned to DMSU Resolvers or 3rd level triggered by GGUS tickets on a daily basis
- MG and the Assigners conduct weekly jabber meetings, Tuesday at 14.00, AK will setup a jabber room for this.
- At the jabber meeting we will:
- Check the status of issues assigned to the DMSU
- Check the status of issues assigned to 3rd level, if they approaching their ETA
- Configuration recommendations patches will be provided for the EGI wiki - this should be coordinated with rest of SA2 (MG will take action)
Interaction with TCB
- The DMSU will also act as "technology rumor review unit" for the TCB
- DMSU will provide the TCB with trends and status of the different components as well as recommendations for changes and components that need more focus.
- The exact interaction form between TCB and DMSU is to be defined (SN)
Interaction with Early Adopter Sites
- The DMSU partners are encouraged to obtain access to EA sites
- it is expected that most configuration tweaks and issues will arise at these sites and hence it will be optimal to have the DMSU enabled to access these sites.
- A wiki listing the setups available within the DMSU will be setup (MG)
Summary of ACTIONS:
- MG: Setup wiki for TPM to assign tickets based on DMSU partner flavor expertise
- AK: Setup jabber chat room for the DMSU
- MG: Discuss with rest of SA2 where to collect resolved issue documentation
- SN: define interaction between DMSU and TCB
- MG: Setup wiki for listing EA setups available within the DMSU
- MG: Write the MS502 deliverable: "DMSU Operations Procedures"