OMB actions history
|Main||EGI.eu operations services||Support||Documentation||Tools||Activities||Performance||Technology||Catch-all Services||Resource Allocation||Security|
Go to the OMB page for the lastest agenda.
- ACTION 1. DEADLINE 02 November Submission of QR6
- ACTION 1. DEADLINE 16 October Provide comments to the updated OPS AUP.
- ACTION 2. DEADLINE 14 October Review draft procedure for recomputation of SAM results and availability statistics
- ACTION 3. DEADLINE 21 October Comments to the Resource infrastructure Provider OLA
- ACTION 4. DEADLINE 21 October Provide feedback on the addition of org.bdii.Freshness to profile WLCG_CREAM_LCGCE_CRITICAL in the list of site-BDII tests
- ACTION 1. DEADLINE 09 September Provide requirements for the extension of the current availability reporting framework. You already find a collection at (some of these are related to OLA activities): https://wiki.egi.eu/wiki/POEM_and_ACE_requirements.
- ACTION 2. DEADLINE 09 September Provide comments to the revised COD escalation procedure for operational problem at site. The draft procedure is available at: https://wiki.egi.eu/wiki/PROC01#Drafts Changes were already discussed at the July OMB.
- ACTION 3. DEADLINE 28 September. Comments about the new "Security Policy for the Endorsement and Operation of Virtual Machine Images" due (https://documents.egi.eu/document/771)
- ACTION 1. DEADLINE 01 August. Submission of Quarterly Report 5 (cover months: May, June, July)
- ACTION 2. DEADLINE 05 August. Provide comments about the new proposed security policy "Service Operations Security Policy" (draft)
- ACTION 1. DEADLINE 08 July. To provide feedback about the proposed policy for the recomputation of metric results and availability/reliability reports.
- ACTION 2. DEADLINE 24 July. To provide comments and integrations to the top-BDII failover configuration best-practice: https://wiki.egi.eu/wiki/Proposal_for_TopBDII_High_Availability
- ACTION 3. DEADLINE 24 July. To provide feedback if the proposal to anticipate the end of support of gLite 3.2 ARGUS should be rejected.
- ACTION 1. DEADLINE 05 June. The EMI project has forwarded a list of products for which a collaboration from the NGIs and their resource centres is requested for proper scalability testing. Note that services to be involved in this testing are not supposed to be production ones (we shouldn't confuse this activity with the usual staged rollout that EGI already performs, and the testing activities mentioned in this mail will be run in collaboration with EMI, so are not part of the EGI-InSPIRE programme of work). Please express interest in participating at the following doodle: http://www.doodle.com/2agdi9892qs475qh
- ACTION 2. DEADLINE 30 June. Survey on deployed LRMS systems. Site managers (one per site) are invited to participate to a survey on deployed Local Resource Management Systems. Purpose of this survey is to understand what are the batch systems currently mostly deployed. The survey is simple and just requires a few minutes of your time. You can provide your feedback by the 30th of June at: http://www.zoomerang.com/Survey/WEB22CE9DXKZDT/ The results of the survey will be made public and will be communicated to the EGI Technology Providers for a better support of the most popular systems.
- ACTION 3. DEADLINE 30 June. Survey on top-BDII deployment scenarios. NGIs are invited to participate to a survey that aims at collecting information on the current scenario of top-BDIIs deployment. Top-BDII is a critical service that needs to be highly available. Various strategies to improve the robustness of the service are possible. The survey aims at identifying which NGIs have already experiences on this topic, and which NGIs are interested in high availability solutions for their information system services. In case of sufficient interest, EGI can put effort in the definition of a top-BDII deployment model that addresses these needs.
Here it is the link to fill the survey: http://www.zoomerang.com/Survey/WEB22CFA95837Z/
- ACTION 4. DEADLINE 30 June. Collection of EGEE requirements. See broadcast announcement
- 14-16 June 2011 (Zurich, Switzerland): Documentation workshop
- ACTION 1. DEADLINE 01 May. Deadline for submission of QR4. Submission of QR4 will follow the same procedure adopted for QR3. Information needs to be supplied on wiki. Links to submit the NGI report and metrics are available at https://wiki.egi.eu/wiki/NGI_QR_Reports_and_Metrics
- ACTION 2. DEADLINE 16 May. At the January OMB meeting we discussed the mechanisms for the monitoring of uncertified sites before they join the production infrastructure. The solution discussed and approved relies on the the NGI Nagios service already deployed in production, which needs to be properly configured to take into account uncertified sites. In addition to configuration, an additional couple of services (WMS and top-BDII) for uncertified sites needs to be deployed.
- As this solution is not suitable for small NGIs, EGI will provide one WMS and one top-BDII (catch all) for the NGIs that have such a need. These services will be operated by GRNET/AUTH (task TSA1.8). As these services are not critical, they will be operated in a best-effort manner (no HA configuration will be deployed).
- If your NGI is interested please provide feedback.
- ACTION 1. DEADLINE 06 April. ALL NGIs are invited to specify the list of components from EMI 1.0 that should be integrated in UMD at HIGH PRIORITY. Input needs to be provided here. Information on release notes per component (where available) are accessible from the EMI Release page.
- ACTION 1 (CLOSED). All NGIs to contact sites that deploy gLite 3.1 DPM to check problems and timelines to upgrade to gLite 3.2 or UMD 1.0, and to report the feedbacl to the OMB. In case of many sites with upgrade problems, we will request a memory leak in glite 3.1 DPM (due to a VOMS library) to be fixed by EMI.
- ACTION 2 (CLOSED). DEADLINE 09 MARCH. To provide input on your self-assessment of NGI international tasks that will be used for MS109. Input is collected on wiki here.
NGI international task metrics will be collected by EGI.eu here
- ACTION 3 (CLOSED). For gLite-bases NGIs. Express interest in SLURM support for CREAM at the following doodle: http://doodle.com/9tp3s7vbub7c53tu
In case of sufficient interest this will be handed as a requirement to EMI.
- ACTION 4. DEADLINE 31st March. All NGIs to provide comments to the Resource Centre OLA (v1.0)
- ACTION 5. DEADLINE 31st March. All NGIs to provide comments to the Resource Centre registration and certification procedure in ticket https://rt.egi.eu/rt/Ticket/Display.html?id=1527
- ACTION 1. DEADLINE 10 Feb. Submmission of QR3 report and metrics:
- ACTION 2. DEADLINE 10 Feb. Survey on supported OS platforms, LB, service management and monitoring (for EMI components). We would like to launch the first SA1 survey covering the following capabilities: Logging and Bookkeeping, Service Management and and Auditing and gLite-CLUSTER. All these capabilities are relevant to EGI and feedback - after internal processing - will be provided to the EMI project, so it is very important that you give this survey high priority. For some of the questions, you may need to consult your site managers. Instructions for submission.
- ACTION 3. DEADLINE 10 Feb.Call for Requiements: EMI 2.0 and Nagios tests. The requirement gathering process for EMI 2.0 (ARC, gLite and UNICORE) needs to start now, as EMI software development will start in May 2011, and all requirements need to be internally gathered and prioritized in the OMB and OTAG (depending on the type of requirement), and then discussed at the Technical Coordination Board of EGI. All requirements are gathered through the RT requirements queue.
- ACTION 4. DEADLINE 10 Feb. APEL-Pub change of policy At the last OMB in Amsterdam, we discussed the possibility to change the policies of the APEL-Pub probe. APEL-Pub is an OPERATIONS probe, which returns CRITICAL if after 30 days the site is not publishing accounting data. This probe was introduced during EGEE-III to enforce publication of accounting data (at that time a large fraction of sites were not publishing correctly). It is a OPERATIONS test, as it generates an alarm in the Operations Dashboard when it turns to CRITICAL. The Italian NGI requested this policy to be reviewed, to return CRITICAL after 7 calendar days (instead of 30), as lack of publication of accounting records after 7 days is a good symptom that something needs to be fixed in the site, and waiting 30 days makes debugging of the problem more difficult. As at the end of February the R-GMA central databases will be decommissioned, having this change of policy will help the RODs to pro actively support the sites that still have to migrate to the Active MQ client. At the OMB the majority of the NGIs were in favor, and a couple were not. We decided to poll the missing NGIs with this mail. So, if any NGI objects for this change, please reply by Thursday 10. Silence will be interpreted as agreement.
- Action 6.2 Review document Proposal for extensions to availability and reliability calculations and send your comments and feedback to the noc-managers list
- Action 6.7 To send feedback and any new or missing requirement for EMI 1.0, and to prioritize the existing requirements list (the xls file was set to the noc-managers list on 23 Dec 2010)
- Action 6.10 To send comments on the usage of a single EGI monitoring VO (OPS). Is the NGi in favour or is this proposal rejected?
- Action 6.12 to review the current list of non-assigned components and volunteer to the staged rollout of those that are of interest to them (table)
- To check the draft site certification manual and provide comments input to V. Hansper and Operational-documentation-manuals (at) mailman.egi.eu
- Dec 03: deadline for informing about UNICORE and/or GLOBUS deployment plans for year 2011. Mail to Tiziana.Ferrari at egi.eu
- By Dec 14: deadline of collection of requirements on Service Management. Input is collected on RT
- By Dec 20: provide feedback on training needs for the EGI user forum.The EGI User Forum, which will take place in Vilnius during the week 11-15 April 2011, is approaching. This meeting will be organized in cooperation with the EMI project. Training sessions about EMI middleware and EGI Operations can be organized according to your needs. The User Forum is an opportunity for all NGIs, especially the ones constituted recently or under creation, to get training in different areas.
- Dec 21: OMB meeting
- Nov 16: OTAG meeting (agenda) on SAM requirements and developments
- Nov 23: OMB meeting (agenda)
- Please review OLA roadmap draft
Items for approval: https://www.egi.eu/indico/conferenceDisplay.py?confId=150
- Oct 6 (previous deadine has been anticipated): deadline for submitting your NGI deployment plan of regionalized tools.
- FOLLOWUP (19 Oct): deployment plans will be summarized in Milestone MS406
- Oct 11: deadline for submitting comments to the gLite 3.2 transition plan
- FOLLOWUP (19 Oct): sent request of approval of the gLite 3.1 end of support draft calendar
- Oct 18: deadline for supplying requirements for ARC, gLite, UNICORE middleware (EMI project). Requirements are gathered on RT, ticket 331
- Oct 20: deadline for providing requirements for operational tools (EGI-InSPIRE JRA1). Feedback to the OTAG mailing list
- Oct 26: deadline for submitting second EGI-InSPIRE QR