EGI-InSPIRE:UNICORE integration task force
The meetings can be found under https://www.egi.eu/indico/categoryDisplay.py?categId=49" . Currently we aim at a frequency of at least one meeting per month. A new dedicated mailinglist has been created: it is called firstname.lastname@example.org https://www.egi.eu/sso/groupView/unicore-integration-tf Current members are those who expressed interest to participate in the first or second meeting or were attending it.
- AP: "EMI registry use case" Find out more about the EMI registry and the static info contained: How is the distinction between the static data GOCDB and EMI registry, how can we propagate downtime info for just one Service Endpoint (URLs are needed to distungish between different instances)? (contact Laurence Field)
- Progress: MB will report on her email discussion with Laurence Field and plans to push the GLUE 2.0 use case in propagating downtime information
- Update: EMI registry in very early planning stage, XML solution in the meantime. Second solution for GOCDB (the GLUE 2.0 based approach) again in discussion. MB to bring forward and discuss the usecase in the next OGF PGI wg meeting.
- Update: Too late to be part of V1 of http://www.ogf.org/documents/GFD.180.pdf waiting together with 2 other use cases for V2.
- Update: currently reviewing related document EMI Execution Service Specification https://twiki.cern.ch/twiki/pub/EMI/EmiExecutionService/EMI-ES-Specification_v1.0.odt
- Update: EMI ESS reviewed, currently no PGI wg meetings.
- AP: Add more UNICORE services into GOCDB.
- AP: "Regular probe integration ticket updates" for everybody (especially EI, KB and FR): to keep https://rt.egi.eu/rt/Ticket/Display.html?id=306 updated.
- Update: KB to make an update that the probes will be maintained by EMI, EI to close the ticket after the corresponding release.
- Update: KB has updated the ticket.
- Update: UNICORE probes integration delay due to misjudging the amount of effort needed for actual integration. Deadline for SAM for the Update-12 release missed. Next deadline is SAM Update-13 which will be released around the end of July
- AP: "Keep an eye on accounting": See that EMI follows its roadmap and we get the possibility to send accounting different from gLite to APEL. Related to get updated on the work going on in the new EMI Workinggroup led by Cristina https://twiki.cern.ch/twiki/bin/view/EMI/ComputeAccounting
- Update: Important deadlines end of June and end of July. A wiki should come out of it and a discussion group. JG will take initiative to organize something when the time has come to discuss the details on how to best integrate the current UNICORE accounting solution.
- AP: Start a more tight collaboration with Belarus. AL to keep us updated on efforts to go open source or other possibilities to collaborate, KB to send info on new release with all major features.
- Update: A new release of UNICORE RUS accounting system is available from sourceforge. It is major milestone as it completes our move to JMS based architecture with a full fail-over support. It is also updated to USE and 6.4.0 release of UNICORE. http://unicore-dev.zam.kfa-juelich.de/documentation/rus-accounting-1.3.1/
- Update: The NGI_BY UNICORE Accounting service AL presented at the EGI UF 2011 got permission to go Open Source. An English version and translated documentation is being prepared for initial export to Sourceforge. NGI-DE already became a non open source version to have some tests and do some comparison.
- Update: Allowance to go open source was drawn back after a week, AP on AL to send contact information do deciding director to closer investigate the reasons behind this decision.
- Update: AL sent contact details to MB. MB asked Tiziana Ferrari and Steven Newhouse for help. Reply from SN: "Clearly, if an NGI refuses to distribute a tool they have developed they are free to do so." New questions: Will it still be possible to deploy the NGI_BY accounting solution and use it to publish accounting records? Will it still be translated? How interested will some NGIs be to use a closed source solution?
- AP: "Best practices" KB and FR to send documentation links to email@example.com as soon as considered sufficiently completed, suggested procedure which could be of interest in this context: how to install more than one UNICORE service on one host.
- Update: PL-Grid restructuring whole UNICORE documentation system otherwise concentration on EMI 1 release. MB will now start by pointing them to standard unicore.eu documents which conclude good documentation and installation guides and see if they would like to already include a link to them. What is missing: real best practices, the very solutions to different real integration problems. Some material exists in Polish language.
- Update from Mathilde: UNICORE installation documentation (not yet covering the EMI UNICORE rpms) can be found at http://www.unicore.eu/documentation/manuals/unicore6/files/manual_installation.pdf The basic scenario (section 2) should answer the question on how to install multiple services on one server. It is not perfect for EGI purposes but maybe it is of interest.
- Update: Michaela sent those links to the best practices mailinglist, but hasn't got any feedback yet.
- AP: "List of service types to be integrated." MB compiling a list of the next service types which should be integrated into GOCDB and sending it to our mailinglist for discussion
- Update: Some discussion of this list during the meeting, AP on KB to send his list to the mailinglist as well and to continue discussing there and to put the output of this discussion in ticket https://rt.egi.eu/rt/Ticket/Display.html?id=944
- Update: remaining service name description discussed during the meeting. MB to update the ticket. Decision that currently no more are needed.
- Update: MB udpated the ticket.
- AP: "Next Meeting": MB making a doodlepoll for the weeks 28 and 30 (Global Timezones and maybe function enabled). http://www.doodle.com/58w93q6xqi32pvqd
(* AP: KB to create an RT requirement ticket about integration of NGI specific service types into the regional dashboard.)
- AP: "ServiceEndpointURLs in GOCDB" Reopen GOCDB requirement ticket for EndPointServiceURL https://rt.egi.eu/rt/Ticket/Display.html?id=975 and ask for second solution (Add URL field for ServiceEndpoint and repeat ServiceEndpoint to represent different URLs /Associate a ServiceEndpoint with a new „1-to-many‟ EndpointLocation entity), with a proposed timeline of 6 months.
- Progress: David provided us with some updated slides on the possible implementation with more detail: https://wiki.egi.eu/wiki/File:GocdbGlue2Unicore.pdf
- Update: Personal discussion at the EGI UF, Vilnius with John Casson: A new proposed solution with getting rid of the primary key constraint and a new timeline of one month has been discussed. It fulfills all our requirements. This requirement has now top-priority within GOCDB development.
- Update: Requirement has been fixed and seems to work: https://goc.gridops.org/portal/index.php?Page_Type=View_Object&object_id=22973&grid_id=0
- Update: closed. New AP created to add more UNICORE services into GOCDB.
- AP: EI to contact Maciej Pawlik and Paweł Wolniewicz to discuss sensible Nagios configuration default definitions.
- Update: redundant because of fast GOCDB integration, will eventually be done anyway. Closed.
- AP: "Next Meeting": MB making again a doodlepoll for next meeting with Global Timezones and maybe function enabled.
- AP: ML making again a doodlepoll for next meeting with Global Timezones and maybe function enabled. http://www.doodle.com/2ysf5wa675bqifxd
- AP: official requirement towards APEL (accounting monitoring must be sufficient to decide whether all deployed middlewares of a site publish accounting data)
- AP: ML to test sending a GGUS ticket to UNICORE:
- See ticket https://gus.fzk.de/dmsu/dmsu_ticket.php?ticket=68192 Who got it?
- Update: https://gus.fzk.de/dmsu/dmsu_ticket.php?ticket=68177 was produced as another test ticket. Check why nobody got the tickets!
- Progress: Ticket towards GGUS created: https://gus.fzk.de/ws/ticket_info.php?ticket=68354
- Updated: GGUS ticket correctly sent to Jülich managed list firstname.lastname@example.org , this list has currently a small number of subscribed members. Awaiting internal EMI decision to add more people like e.g. KB
Final: Currently keep the small number who will get the GGUS ticket, who will forward them to the UNICORE tracking system in sourceforge. Follow up of this AP is out of the scope for this task force. Will be taken up gain within EMI. UNICORE related GGUS FAQ has been transported to EGI wiki: GGUS:UNICORE-Client_FAQ and GGUS:UNICORE-Server_FAQ.
- AP: DM to rename the first 3 UNICORE service types.
- Final: GOCDB now uses the new Unicore service type names (unicore6.gateway, unicore6.registry, unicore6.UNICOREX). See: https://wiki.egi.eu/wiki/GOCDB/Input_System_User_Documentation#Service_types
- AP: ML making a doodlepoll for next meeting, this time with Global Timezones and maybe function enabled. http://www.doodle.com/9zw6qmkcmzvy5sq9
- AP: KB sends a summary of CIS, why it is not supported by EMI and why the XML approach is advantageous monitoring wise.
- Why this is not supported by EMI is a political decision based on limited manpower and effort, KB wrote a detailed description on the usage of CIS in the monitoring system.
- AP: ML making a doodlepoll for next meeting in March
- AP: ML to send EI minutes of GOCDB dedicated phone conference
- AP: KB contacting Germany through ticket 306