EGI-Engage:AMB-2015-06-11

From EGIWiki
Revision as of 16:22, 11 June 2015 by Verlato (talk | contribs) (Task JRA2.4 Accelerated Computing)
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search
EGI-Engage project: Main page WP1(NA1) WP3(JRA1) WP5(SA1) PMB Deliverables and Milestones Quality Plan Risk Plan Data Plan
Roles and
responsibilities
WP2(NA2) WP4(JRA2) WP6(SA2) AMB Software and services Metrics Project Office Procedures


Contents


Activity Reports

WP1 (NA1) (Yannick Legre)

Dissamination reports

Milestones & Deliverables

Task NA1.1 Administrative and Financial Management

. consortium agreement under finalization . effort reporting will be available asap for the first three months of the project

Task NA1.2 Technical Management

Collection of Yearly project plan, organization of activities around the EGI Marketplace, drafting of the AAI roadmap in collaboration with the AARC project, review of status of EGI accounting tools

Task NA1.3 Quality and Risk Management

  1. Assessment of the status of the metrics portal
  2. Review and finalization of metrics and KPIs for delivery of the first project quality plan
  3. Finalizing quality plan deliverable

WP2 (NA2) (Sergio Andreozzi)

Dissemination reports

Milestones & Deliverables

Task NA2.1 Communication and Dissemination

  • Preparation of the programme of the EGI Community Forum 2015; setting up of the Programme Committee
  • Flyer for the BDVA summit in Madrid
  • June monthly letter

Task NA2.2 Strategy, Business Development and Exploitation

  • Strategic meeting with NeCTAR (Australian research cloud) for discussion of collaboration plans
  • Strategic meeting with OSDC (Open Science Data Cloud, US) for discussion of collaboration plans
  • Engagement with Compute Canada for discussion of collaboration plans
  • Contribution to marketplace concept development
  • Initial discussion on how to kickoff and organize service portfolio management activities so that a draft service portfolio can be ready by mid July
  • Restarted the regular pay-for-use calls (3 June); with minutes/notes
  • Analysis of activity diagrams for marketplace
  • Preparation of marketplace survey for NGIs and competency centers

Task NA2.3 SME/Industry Engagement and Big Data Value Chain

  • BDVA survey preparation
  • Joined two BDVA calls: 1.) lighthouse projects 2.) SME subgroup (TF 8) - we do need to follow up with Nuria’s mail though
  • FedCloud / SME use case call - only Agrow-Know joined
  • Started to set up the SME engagement activities (spreadsheet; RT queue; should have a call this week)
  • Business Track blog post + follow-up with various organisations
  • Sent input for D2.1

WP3 (JRA1) (Diego Scardaci)

Dissamination reports

  • First draft of the document "ELIXIR Compute Platform Recommendations for EGI" containing EGI answers to ELIXIR recommendations available here
  • 1st meeting - make EGI tools x509-less - Friday 12/06 14-16 CEST: GOCDB, Monitoring and Accounting
  • Next WP3 monthly meeting 17/06/2015: https://indico.egi.eu/indico/conferenceDisplay.py?confId=2554

Milestones & Deliverables

  • M3.1 Operations Tools roadmap: contributions received by all product teams except AAI (JRA1.1) and ARGO & Messaging (JRA1.4)

Task JRA1.1 Authentication and Authorisation Infrastructure

  • No report received

Task JRA1.2 Service Registry and Marketplace

  • Presentation of the Marketplace concepts to several life science institutes in Paris (~40 in attendance). Individual meetings with 6 life science technology platforms in Paris.
  • Roadmap update
  • Requirements update (Excel sheet based on input from Diego and Sy).
  • Requests from EGI to accelerate timeline in EGI Engage of deliverables (Tiziana).

Task JRA1.3 Accounting

  • No report received
  • Next Accounting Portal OTAG: 16/06 10-11 CEST

Task JRA1.4 Operations Tools

  • preparation of the  milestone 3.1
  • Deploy gocdb v5.4 for testing, preparation for AAI integration meetings

Task JRA1.5 Resource Allocation – e-GRANT

  • dev specification for e-GRANT regarding P4U activity
  • e-GRANT roadmap update

WP4 (JRA2) (Tiziana Ferrari)

Dissamination reports

Milestones & Deliverables

Task JRA2.1 Federated Open Data

  • Analysis of ArgiKnow open data problems
  • Summary of the open data usecases presented in the Towards Open Data Cloud session at Lisobon meeting. 

Task JRA2.2 Federated Cloud

Task JRA2.3 e-Infrastructures Integration

  • Defined metrics for the task
  • Defined new RT queue for tracking integration activities
  • Started discussion with CERN, IHEP and NeCTAR about integration with EGI

Task JRA2.4 Accelerated Computing

  • Analysis of the use cases presented in the Lisbon session

WP5 (SA1) (Peter Solagna)

Dissamination reports

Milestones & Deliverables

Task SA1.1 Operations Coordination

  • Definition of the VMI endorsement procedure
  • Core activity specifications and effort need to be updated including AppDB
  • SLAs: WeNMR is complete.

Task SA1.2 Development of Security Operations

  • Produced security requirements for the VMI endorsement.

Task SA1.3 Integration, Deployment of Grid and Cloud Platforms

  • ESA: Enabled VOMS for the VOs
  • LTOS: call and progresses in the access.egi.eu, required certificates for the web services
  • LTOS: disseminated among the fedcloud user support community

WP6 (SA2) (Gergely Sipos)

Dissamination reports

Milestones & Deliverables

M6.1 EGI Training Plan was produced and made available for PMB review. (http://go.egi.eu/trainingplan)

Task SA2.1 Training

Task SA2.2 Technical User Support

  • Engagement with LOFAR and SKA (planning of meeting at the end of June), ongoing activities for the Human Brain Project.
  • Enabling access for DIRAC team.

Task SA2.3 ELIXIR

  • EGI.eu working on a response document on the EGI-related recommendations of the ELIXIR Compute platform document. Teleconference about this on Friday.

Task SA2.4 BBMRI

Task SA2.5 MoBrain

  • Most urgent action is to work on the N4U-WeNMR integrations (without jeopardizing any development that will take place in the WestLife VRE)
    • Related: N4U has been talking with the human brain project, and with Tiziana. They will provide a use case for HBP.
  • Cryo-EM task requires more work and is in the hand of Madrid
  • Lisbon meeting was good for the GPGPU work, we defined our requirements. On the CC side, we do have GPU-enable software for which we will develop web portals (in first instance running on local resources). Once GPGPU nodes are available we can test further.

Task SA2.6 DARIAH

  • A DARIAH WG proposal draft is now available in the DARIAH Wiki
    • Text needs further polishing
    • Marteen, Evelin,Tibor in charge
  • User questionnaire for digital humanities researchers
  • Plans:
    • Davor to have a call with Eveline to discuss dissemination strategy; Austrian dataset integration into gLibrary
    • Davor to have a call with Zoltan to discuss infrastructure setup
    • Davor to establish regular CC teleconferences

Task SA2.7 LifeWatch

  • Report with actions has been prepared about the Lisbon meetings: https://wiki.egi.eu/wiki/CC-LifeWatch_Meetings#EGI_2015_-_Lisbon
    • Planning a technical workshop for two days in September (starting midday-ending midday two days later). Doodle has been circulated. Dates will be 2-4th september, proposed place Santander. TBC.
    • There will be two meetings in July on LifeWatch VRE initiatives in Brussels (non-marine VRE. 3rd July) an Bari (alien species, 8th July). We will participate.
    • Progress with internal deliverables:

D1.1- D1.3 -Pending: we are identifying the set of webinars and tutorials that are useful.

D2.1 on data flow handler to be studied in detail in ad-hoc meeting in VLIZ next 1-2 july

D2.2 on basic R tools, first draft ready for inputs from teams (reflects the experience setting R on a cluster of Power7 nodes and used as a service from iPython, also includes first benchmarks to analyze performance)

D4.1 on citizen science initiatives first version will be ready by 18 june (after meeting with Royal Botanic Garden specialists in Spain)

D3.1 being also prepared, but slowly progressing.

Task SA2.8 EISCAT_3D

Working document for the EISCAT-3D CC Portal Specification continuously updated.
Available at http://piratepad.net/ep/pad/export/ro.WwFTADePnzF/latest?format=html

Task SA2.9 EPOS

  • Use cases document has been produced and circulated to CC email list. Reviews/feedbacks are coming in
  • Next CC meeting on TUESDAY 16th JUNE at 14:00 CEST

Task SA2.10 Disaster Mitigation


1. First two milestones at PM3 and PM4 on data collection and preparation for tsunami and weather simulation and analysis are about on schedule. Taiwan, Philippine, Thailand, Malaysia and Indonesia are involved.
2. The next primary action is to train and support the end user to make use of the current tsunami simulation and weather simulation portal. First training might be conducted at next face-to-face meeting.
3. The next DMCC face-to-face meeting has been decided to be held in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia in August, collocated with 40th Asia Pacific Advanced Network (APAN) meeting.