|Main||EGI.eu operations services||Support||Documentation||Tools||Activities||Performance||Technology||Catch-all Services||Resource Allocation||Security|
Detailed agenda: Grid Operations Meeting 1 June 2012 14h00 Amsterdam time (Friday)
|EVO direct link||Pwd: gridops|
|EVO details||Indico page|
1. Middleware releases and staged rollout
1.1 EMI release status
Cristina Aiftimiei (EMI)
1.2 Staged Rollout
I have started the SW provisioning process this morning, previously we have done some dry runs to test some new things SA2 has implemented.
Many of the products in SL5 and SL6 are now covered but not yet all, please check:
The main changes affecting the EAs are:
- There is now a single repository where EAs will fetch the packages: http://repository.egi.eu/sw/testing/umd/2/sl5/x86_64/ or http://repository.egi.eu/sw/testing/umd/2/sl6/x86_64/
- The staged rollout wiki procedures (Staged-rollout-procedures) have been updated: except the exact repository configuration which will be done soon.
- The staged rollout will be followed in RT queue sw-rel - staged-rollout queue has been deprecated.
- This does not change much the way you do things, just that notifications will come from tickets in this queue.
- The verification is also done on those tickets, meaning you will get extra fast help in case of problems, when replying to those tickets.
The complete list of products/tickets can be seen here:
- Complete list of RT tickets
- Overall there are 36 products in SL5 and the same number in SL6.
- The products in Debian6 are ARC and several Unicore, there was a problem with Debian products which SA2 is trying to solve, as soon as it is solved we will submit them.
2. Operational Issues
2.1 Sites not publishing user DN in the usage record
In the infrastructure - in May - there were more than 90 sites not publishing the UserDN. The possible reasons are:
- NGIs/Sites who do not want to publish the UserDN, for privacy reasons
- A policy decision, it is not in topic for today
- Accounting data is published through aggregated records (Those sites are not in the list below)
- APEL publisher is not properly configured
- In the APEL publisher configuration file the directive publishGlobalUserName is by default set to NO. It to enable userDN publication it should be: <JoinProcessor publishGlobalUserName="yes">
- The YAIM directive that triggers this configuration is"APEL_PUBLISH_USER_DN", and it should be "yes"
- If a site in the list below is misconfigured and wants to publish the UserDNs, the steps are:
- Reconfigure the APEL publisher with the correct configuration (this will enable the UserDN publication in the usage record published from now on)
- To re-publish the previous usage records with the UserDN, please open a GGUS ticket vs the APEL support unit. This action will require central coordination.
- DN encryption affected by a problem with a java library
- As reported in this GGUS ticket
- The problem is affecting few sites (<15) that will be contacted by the APEL staff to solve the issue
- List of sites not publishing userDN
- ACTION: on the NGIs, follow up with your sites in the list, and provide comments in the table.
3.1 Next meetings
Minutes available here: Minutes on indico