VT ESFRI Contact List
|EGI Activity groups||Special Interest groups||Policy groups||Virtual teams||Distributed Competence Centres|
|EGI Virtual teams:||Main •||Active Projects •||Closed Projects •||Guidelines|
General Project Information
- Leader: Steve Brewer, EGI.eu
- Mailing List: email@example.com
- Status: Active
- Start Date: 28/Nov/2011
- End Date: Expected to finish before the middle of February 2015
The ultimate goal of this project is to gather and distribute within EGI-InSPIRE a comprehensive list of relevant ESFRI project contact points. This will build upon the initial information gathered earlier in 2011 by UCST. That investigation provided comprehensive information about ESFRI projects, the sites associated with these projects and the countries involved. Not all sites are connected to NGIs in a particular country. The aim now is to define a two step process:
- firstly to establish and confirm the sites associated with relevant (ie. DCI-dependent) ESFRI projects and
- secondly to identify EGI/NGI appropriate contact points for those sites as well as appropriate and useful contact points for the ESFRI projects at a higher/international level.
The participants of this VT will act as the guinea pigs to test this data gathering process and then act as the reviewers to improve the process. The refined process will then be circulated to all of the NILs in order to complete the data gathering exercise across EGI.
The output of this project will be an active and relevant structured contact list of relevant ESFRI project contact points across EGI partner countries. This will be at the site and the project level. A secondary but nonetheless important output of this project will be a clear and practical process that NGI's can follow to maintain the ESFRI data.
The outputs of this project will feed into the input of another project called: "Intelligence Collection & Analysis Process".
The required outputs for the project will be achieved by the following tasks:
- Produce a simple prototype contact form specifying the information needed from contacts. The first draft of this will be developed within Excel to simplify the process (deadline: 7 December);
- VT partners to complete this form and then evaluate the collated results (deadline: 11 January);
- Meeting 3 Feb - Discussed progress with Tom (CZ), Daniele (IT), Jesus (ES), Sergio (CH), Ivana (CZ), Jelena (LT), SB and GS (EGI)
- Intelligence VT project will present the CRM system on the 13 Feb via EVO - please attend
- Distribute this information to EGI partners for their input on the data and the process;
- VT to review the form and the associated process (deadline: 20 January);
- Updated form to be circulated to all NILs for completion;
- Data to be collated and evaluated, results to be shared across all partners;
- EGI to communicate with the new ESFRI contacts to inform them of EGI and local NGI activities when and where appropriate;
- EGI.eu: Steve Brewer
- Claire Devereux (STFC), UK
- Ivana Krenkova, Tomas Rebok CZ
- Sergio Maffioletti, CH
- Jesus Marco, ES
- Tom Visser (SARA), NL
- Jelena Tamuliene, LT
- Antonio Laganà, Daniele Cesini, Alessandro Costantini, IT
- Agnes Szeberenyi (SZTAKI), Szabolcs Hernath (KFKI), HU
- Mariusz Sterzel, PL
- Burcu Ortakaya (TUBITAK), TR
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM) System - to be established
- Information required through the form
Project task progress - 12/12/11:
- Task 1: Produce a simple prototype contact form specifying the information needed from contacts. The first draft of this will be distributed through wiki to simplify the process - link on this page under resources (deadline: 7 December) - Completed - information circulated via wiki;
- Task 2: VT partners to complete this form and then evaluate the collated results (deadline: 11 January) - under way - form circulated to all participants. Update: meeting proposed for week commencing 30 January, 2012.;
- Meeting - 3 February - More than half of the participants have returned data, this will be passed on to the Intelligence project for entering into the new CRM system. The CRM will be demonstrated (EVO) on Monday 13th Feb at 11:00 CET.
- Task 3: Distribute this information to EGI partners for their input on the data and the process;
- Task 4: VT to review the form and the associated process;
- Task 5: Updated form to be circulated to all NILs for completion;
- Task 6: Data to be collated and evaluated, results to be shared across all partners;
- Task 7: EGI to communicate with the new ESFRI contacts to inform them of EGI and local NGI activities when and where appropriate;
- 22 March 2012: This project will be formally closed during the Community Forum in Munich next week
- The data collected as part of this exercise has been passed over to the Intelligence Collection & Analysis Process project and the IBERGRID team have entered the data into the new CRM system.
- This input has enabled the other project to devise an appropriate set of fields for the data that needs to be collected.
- For the record the following countries provided data for this project: IT, CH, ES, CZ, HU, UK & LT.