Regional Operator on Duty
(Redirected from Regional Operator on Duty old)
|Main||EGI.eu operations services||Support||Documentation||Tools||Activities||Performance||Technology||Catch-all Services||Resource Allocation||Security|
|EGI Infrastructure Operations Oversight menu:||Home •||EGI.eu Operations Team •||Regional Operators (ROD)|
- ROD (Regional Operator on Duty) is a role which oversees the smooth operation of EGI infrastructure in the respective NGI. ROD team is responsible for solving problems on the infrastructure within own Operations Centre according to agreed procedures. They ensure that problems are properly recorded and progress according to specified time lines. They ensure that necessary information is available to all parties. The team is provided by each Operations Centre and requires procedural knowledge on the process. The role is usually covered by a team or people and is provided by each NGI. Depending on how an NGI is organised there might be a number of members inthe ROD team who work on duty roster (shifts on a daily or weekly basis), or there may be one person working as ROD on a daily basis and a few deputies who take over the responsibilities when necessary. This latter model is generally more suitable for small NGIs.
- In this text, the acronym ROD will be used both for the whole team, or for the person who is actually working on shift.
- In order to become a ROD member, one first needs to go through the steps described in Joining operations.
- The following text describes the duties that ROD (teams) are responsible for.
Contact: all-operator-on-duty AT mailman.egi.eu
- A list describing Duties.
- Information on how to deal with alarms raised in the Dashboard and how to generate and deal with tickets.
- How downtimes are managed.
- Communication channels for ROD to Sites and to management.
- How ROD should deal with security issues.
Manuals and procedures
In this section are linked manuals and procedures which RODs should be familiar with:
- Dashboard HowTOs and Training Guides