|EGI Inspire Main page|
|Inspire reports menu:||Home •||SA1 weekly Reports •||SA1 Task QR Reports •||NGI QR Reports •||NGI QR User support Reports|
Progress of SA1 issues
Risk assessment of EMI and IGE completed and discussed at OMB. A document will be written providing an overview
- MS421 Report of integration activities: started external review
- D4.6 collecting material for the new ToC discussed
- D4.7 Sustainability assessment of operational services --> waiting for output of the NGI survey closing on 07 Sep
SA1.1 Activity Management
- Meetings: WLCG MB, WLCG/EGI meeting on mw support schedules, EGI/WLCG/EMI meeting on WLCG repository requirements
- Preparing the information system workshop agenda for the Technical Forum
- review of GLUE 2 EGI profile, discussion of software version publication with WLCG
- review of status of security advisories, finalization of UMD 1.8.1 release notes and announcement
- discussion of WN/UI/DPM/LFC support calendar
- Review of Milestone MS421
- followup of problems related with the release notes of UMD 1.8.1
- Definition with EMI for training sessions at EGITF
- Review of the middleware track program for the EGITF
- Preparation of the NGI core services availability tables
- Preparation of SSC6 which will start on 4th Sep 2012
- Running the training sessions at the GridKa summer schoole
- Preparation of training sessions at TF12
- Preparation for the September IGTF EUGridPMA meeting
- Participation in the August IGTF TAGPMA meeting
- SVG closed one issue and handled two new ones
SA1.3 Staged rollout
- Preparation of the UMD 2.2.0 release
- Editing of MS421
- Reorganized Globus integration task force wiki page.
- Reorganized UNICORE integration task force wiki page.
- Organization of Globus integration task force meeting:
- Organization of UNICORE integration task force meeting:
SA1.4 Central tools
- By the end of Tuesday 6 NGIs have deployed SAM Update-17. There were few issues reported:
- package perl-Directory-Queue was not synchronized between SAM and EGI repository, warning about the error was added to release notes
- problem was found in SQL scripts provided in manual steps, updated script was promptly provided.
- Meeting regarding monitoring of brokers was held on Thursday. Details can be found here: https://indico.egi.eu/indico/conferenceDisplay.py?confId=1150.
- GOCDB database updates were performed on August 30th from 8:00 to 14:00 (UTC). During that time GOCDB was set to read-only mode. The PI was available.
Steady trickle of sites updating to EMI versions and having minor support requests.
Working with Portal on publishing of UserDNs. Many sites reacting to the OMB request to publish UserDNs generated tickets, some just to verify that they are publishing.
Work with NIKHEF and France to start production using SSM.
Meeting with PRACE on accounting
Load problems due a couple of sites republishing very large numbers of jobs. Summarising doesn't always finish in time and backups can't be run.
Due to the short notice this is the report for the DMSU part only, we will have to find report gathering process for the whole subtask.
The work followed the original processes so far, we just received the message the TPM-DMSU merge is approved. We will start implementing the agreed changes immediately.
|DMSU tickets flow Aug 26 -- Sept 1|
|back to tpm||2|
|reassigned to 3rd level||9|
|open DMSU tickets status|
|waiting for reply||11|
The backlog of tickets is rather high, mostly in waiting for reply status, people tend to be slow in the vacation period. No unusual issues to report otherwise.
Network and IPv6
Network Support has been working on the set up of the IPv6 testbed. site BDII, DPM node, CREAM CE, WN, UI, Top BDII have been installed at the Roma GARR site and a new IPv6 devoted site GARR-IPV6-DIR has been set up. A customized version of site-info.def for a global IPv6 testbed has been created and will be circulated to EMI, EGI and HEPiX IPv6 teams.
Wiki has been updated on IPv6 New VMware server has been set up at GARR, capable of tens of VMs, devoted to IPv6 and Network SUpport. (wn05.dir.garr.it) Machines have been registered in DNS with an IPv6-testing convenction .
Initial reports of first outcomes are being prepared. Serious issues with LRMS/batch systems have been encountered with Torque/PBS.
- preparations for TF12
- Grid Oversight business as usual
SA1.8 Availability and core services
- collection, validation and distribution of top-BDII statistics for August 2012
- creation of registration authorities for the BGI participants
- DTEAM VO Management tasks
Update of documentation mailing list, review of current wiki operations documentation pages
- JRA1 face to face meeting , Karlsruhe, 5-6 2012
- ENVRI meeting, 11-13 Sep, Edinburgh
- EUDAT conference, Barcelona, Oct