VT Environmental & Biodiversity
|EGI Activity groups||Special Interest groups||Policy groups||Virtual teams||Distributed Competence Centres|
|EGI Virtual teams:||Main •||Active Projects •||Closed Projects •||Guidelines|
Environmental & Biodiversity Virtual Team project
- Leader: Yannick LEGRE / CNRS-IDGC
- Mailing List: email@example.com
- Status: active
- Start Date: 01/10/2012
- End Date: 28/02/2013
- 2nd August 2012 - pre-kickoff meeting: E and B meeting minutes
The VT has been initiated by the Environmental cluster of ESFRIs (ENVRI) and by the CReATIVE-B project and aim to involve all the actors and NGI in Europe.
The goal of the project is twofold:
1. Collect information and have an extensive overview about Environmental and Biodiversity research communities present in the participating NGIs as well as Environmental ESFRIs participants in whatever countries/NGIs they belongs to.
2. First steps to prepare the creation of the VRC
After the successful completion of the first phase, the current VT project will be followed by a VT in charge of the VRC building involving members of Environmental & Biodiversity communities.
The outputs of the VT after 6 months are:
- CRM information completed and up to date in the fields of Environmental & Biodiversity
- Main potential added value of EGI and EGI.eu to these communities
- A list of key persons in the field of Environmental & Biodiversity to be involved in the VRC creation VT.
- Creating an extensive list of teams / contact points with respect to Environmental /Biodiversity in Europe/Worldwide
- Checking systematically information available in the EGI CRM in these fields and completing it
- Our impression here after filling some info in the CRM is that another level of analysis is needed in order to have a global view of this research area at the European Level.
- We will think how to undertake this work in a systematic way.
- Contributing to better understand these communities and their needs that could be met by the EGI.eu offers
- Identifying the added value of EGI.eu as a DCI to these communities that could be used as a strong message to attract them.
- Identifying key persons among ESFRI and Environmental & Biodiversity research teams interested in a VRC creation which could be involved in the next VT in charge of the VRC building
- Caterine Gater, EGI.eu
- Yannick LEGRÉ, France
- Genevieve ROMIER, France
- Kostas Koumantaros, Greece
- Robert Lovas, Hungary
- Daniele Cesini, Italy
- Giacinto Donvito, Italy
- Paola Materia (ENVRI), Italy
- Suhaimi Napis, Malaysia
- Coen Schrijvers, Netherlands (The)
- Gera Pronk, Netherlands (The)
- Wouter Los (Lifewatch, ENVRI, CReATIVE-B), Netherlands (The)
- Jacco Konijn (Lifewatch, ENVRI, CReATIVE-B), Netherlands (The)
- Silvia Wissel (Lifewatch, ENVRI, CReATIVE-B), Netherlands (The)
- Mariusz Sterzel, Poland
- Gonçalo Borges, Portugal
- Isabel Campos, Spain
- Ignacio Blanquer, Spain
- Vicky Huang, Taiwan
- Eric Yen, Taiwan
- Claire Devereux, UK
- Hrachya Astsatryan, ArmNGI, Armenia
- ... (still open)