Difference between revisions of "User Documentation"
m (Removed protection from "User Documentation")
Revision as of 09:17, 12 August 2014
|Main||EGI.eu operations services||Support||Documentation||Tools||Activities||Performance||Technology||Catch-all Services||Resource Allocation||Security|
|Documentation menu:||Home •||Manuals •||Procedures •||Training •||Other •||Contact ►||For:||VO managers •||Administrators|
Virtual Organisation (VO) is a group of people (e.g. scientists, researchers) with common interests and requirements, who need to work collaboratively and/or share resources (e.g. data, software, expertise, CPU, storage space) regardless of geographical location. They join a VO in order to access resources to meet these needs, after agreeing to a set of rules and Policies that govern their access and security rights (to users, resources and data).
This page provides references to documentation related to Virtual Organization management. In case of questions please contact EGI User support group <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- VO Registration Process in EGI: Procedure to register a new VO in EGI infrastructure
- VO Deregistration Process in EGI: Procedure to deregister a VO in EGI infrastructure
- VO Policies Wiki: Wiki page intends to clarify the different policies of which a VO Administrator must be aware while setting up and operating an EGI VO
VO Frequently Asked Questions
- VO Management: provides help to VO managers on their daily operations work
- Renewing a personal grid certificate: provides help to uses on renewing a personal grid certificate
- VO Service Availability Monitoring FAQ:provides help to uses VO Service Availability Monitoring tool
- A proposal for a Top BDII high availability service: Instructions for the implementation of a top-BDII High Availability configuration
- A failover approach for the replication of MySQL grid based services: Instruction for the implementation of failover of MySQL grid based services.
- VOMS System administrator guide (external page): Instructions for VOMS service installation
Tools and Services
- The Core Software Services required by a VO in order to operate: Catch-all instances are provided by EGI.eu to support small user communities.
- Survey on monitoring tools (pdf): Document aiming to provide information about the characteristics of diverse tools for monitoring or/and accounting in Grid infrastructures outlining features such as: main functionality, technical requirements oroperational complexity.
- Core VO services evaluation (pdf): Document identifying the critical VO core services including a cost analysis evaluation for the effort on setting‐up and operating those services.
- Services and Tools Portfolio: A current snapshot of the evaluated services and tools by the VO Services team.
Training Market Place
Search the EGI Training Marketplace for a large collection of training material