Service Level Target - ROD performance index
|Main||EGI.eu operations services||Support||Documentation||Tools||Activities||Performance||Technology||Catch-all Services||Resource Allocation||Security|
|This article is Deprecated and should no longer be used, but is still available for reasons of reference.|
The ROD performance index (formerly known as ROD OLA metric) was introcuded to track the level of Grid Oversight service delivered by Operations Centres according to Resource Provider OLA.
The index was accepted during Technical Forum 2011 in Lyon and is available on EGI Operations Portal. (choose Metrics tab).
ROD performance index is the sum of:
- No. of ticket expired* in the operations dashboard daily
- No. alarms older than 72h appearingin operations dashboard daily
A ticket in counted as expired in the Operations Portal dashboard if the "Expiration date" is set at a time in the past. The "Expiration date" field is set according to | escalation procedure, but can be freely changed by ROD. It refers to the date when the status of issue should be checked next time.
The ROD performance index is calculated monthly from the data gathered by EGI Operations Portal. It does not take into account weekends.
The maximum value of the index must be 10. Above this value ROD teams has to provide explanation and provide a plan of improvement of the oversight service.
Recalculation procedure in case of intervention on the NGI SAM or the operations dashboard
- In case of problems with the regional SAM, Resource infrastructure Provider should create a GGUS ticket to SAM team.
- In case of work carried out on regional SAM the Resource infrastructure Provider should declare downtime in GOC DB.
- When an Operations Centre get a ticket from EGI Operations about ROD performance, the Operations Centre should provide GGUS ticket or a link to SAM or the operations dashboard downtime page in GOC DB.
- If ROD performance index is below 10 items, NGI can create a GGUS ticket to EGI Operations asking for recalculation
- Based on GGUS trouble tickets referenced in prerequisites, or on the GGUS ticket opened by the Operations Centre to MyEGI requesting for A/R recalculation, or GOC DB service downtime entry, EGI Operations, knowing when the problem occurred,
can remove the metrics items for given days from final report pdf.
Since October 2014 reports available at Resource Centres OLA and Resource infrastructure Provider OLA reports wiki page
ROD Performance Index ticket/Report