EGI CSIRT:Main Page
EGI CSIRT Mission
The EGI CSIRT covers all aspects of operational security aimed at achieving a secure infrastructure within EGI and relies on site and NGI security contact information maintained in the GOCDB by each NGI. The EGI CSIRT ensures both the coordination with peer grids and with the NGIs and NREN CSIRTs. The EGI CSIRT acts as a forum to combine efforts and resources from the NGIs in different areas, including Grid security monitoring, Security training and dissemination, and improvements in responses to incidents (e.g. security drills). Each NGI will appoint an NGI Security Officer in order to provide the NGI CSIRT function. The resulting group of NGI Security Officers collaborate as part of the EGI CSIRT.
EGI CSIRT Term of Reference (ToR)
EGI CSIRT Groups
EGI CSIRT security team is organized in following groups.
- Incident Response Task Force (IRTF)
- Handle day to day operational security issues and coordinate Computer-Security-Incident-Response across the EGI infrastructure.
- Security Drills Group (SDG)
- The objectives of the Security-Drills are twofold. One aspect is to get an overview of the incident response capabilities of the sites participating in EGI and improve the collaboration among the distributed teams. The second is to improve the Security-Incident-Handling capabilities of the EGI-CSIRT itself. Here we continuously have to revisit our procedures and check whether our tracing of the security activities is sufficiently monitored and recorded.
- Security Monitoring Group (SMG)
- Develop, deploy and maintain security monitoring tools.
- Training and Dissemination Group (TDG)
- Raise security awareness and improve security for system administrators by providing security training and best practice
To Report a Security Incident
9:00 - 17:00 (CET) Mon - Fri
Out of working hour will be on best effort basis