|Main||EGI.eu operations services||Support||Documentation||Tools||Activities||Performance||Technology||Catch-all Services||Resource Allocation||Security|
|Inspire reports menu:||Home •||SA1 weekly Reports •||SA1 Task QR Reports •||NGI QR Reports •||NGI QR User support Reports|
1. Task Meetings
|Date (dd/mm/yyyy)||Url Indico Agenda||Title||Outcome|
2. Main Achievements
All central services team participated at the EGI Community Forum and many useful side meetings were held there.
Upgrade of ActiveMQ brokers performed on March 21st and 22nd to version 5.5.1-fuse-10-16. A complete changelog can be found at the following address: http://fusesource.com/wiki/display/ProdInfo/FUSE+Message+Broker+v5.5.1-fuse+Release+Notes. Initial work started on scripts for automatic configuration of the new APEL SSM. Scripts were deployed on test brokers.
SAM Update-20 staged rollout successfully finished and released to production on March 6th. SAM Update-22 work is focused on integration of EMI probes and it will be released once all the probes are successfully integrated. At the end of the quarter following SAM/Nagios instances were in production:
- 28 NGI instances covering 38 EGI partners
- 3 ROC instances covering 3 EGI partners
- 2 external ROC instances covering the following regions: Canada and LA.
Detailed list of SAM/Nagios instances can be found on the following page: SAM Instances.
SAM instance for monitoring middleware versions (https://midmon.egi.eu/nagios) was maintained and further extended. All tests ran by this instance are documented on the following page: MW_Nagios_tests. The instance was integrated with the Operations Portal and the following tests which are part of EMI-1 decommissioning were added to operational tests:
- eu.egi.sec.ARC-EMI-1 - Test checks if ARC-CE is using EMI 1 middleware
- eu.egi.sec.Argus-EMI-1 - Test checks if ARGUS is using EMI 1 middleware
- eu.egi.sec.DPM-EMI-1 - Test checks if SRM (DPM) is using EMI 1 middleware
- eu.egi.sec.DPM-GLUE2-EMI-1 - Test checks if SRM (DPM) is using EMI 1 middleware, version 1.8.6 in particular
- eu.egi.sec.DPM-GLUE2-EMI-2 - Test checks if SRM (DPM) is using EMI 2 middleware version less than 1.8.6
- eu.egi.sec.EMI-1 - Test checks if generic service endpoint is using EMI 1 middleware
- eu.egi.sec.LB-EMI-1 - Test checks if LB is using EMI 1 middleware
- eu.egi.sec.LFC-EMI-1 - Test checks if LFC is using EMI 1 middleware
- eu.egi.sec.Site-BDII-EMI-1 - Test checks if Site-BDII is using EMI 1 middleware
- eu.egi.sec.StoRM-EMI-1 - Test checks if SRM (StorRM) is using EMI 1 middleware
- eu.egi.sec.Top-BDII-EMI-1 - Test checks if Top-BDII is using EMI 1 middleware
- eu.egi.sec.VOMS-EMI-1 - Test checks if VOMS is using EMI 1 middleware.
New test for checking user DNs publishing (eu.egi.APEL-UserDN) was also deployed at the midmon.egi.eu. The probe uses Accounting Portal web page (http://accounting.egi.eu/userdn_publication.php?ExecutingSite=SITE_NAME) to check publishing of user DNs by sites.
New centralized SAM instance for monitoring cloud resources was deployed: https://cloudmon.egi.eu/nagios. Work on integration of OCCI probe with VOMS credentials started. Integration of cloud resources with all operational tools is documented on the following page: Fedcloud-tf:WorkGroups:Scenario5.
3. Issues and Mitigation
|Issue Description||Mitigation Description|
4. Plans for the next period
APEL SSM will be rolled into production in the following quarter. In order to enable sites to publish accounting data securely to production message broker network gLite-APEL nodes need to be authorized. Component for retrieving list of gLite-APELs DNs from GOCDB will be finalized deployed on production message brokers.
GOCDB v5 release is scheduled for the next quarter. Release will depend on adaptation of other tools (e.g. SAM) to the new PI.
A new version of Operations Portal containing availabilities/reliabilities reporting system from perspective of VOs will be deployed in production.
SAM Update-22 will integrate probes provided by EMI. Once released to production all NGI instances will need to be reinstalled since upgrade from gLite UI to EMI is not supported. This will require additional support effort.