Difference between revisions of "Agenda-18-06-2012"
Latest revision as of 16:54, 29 November 2012
|Main||EGI.eu operations services||Support||Documentation||Tools||Activities||Performance||Technology||Catch-all Services||Resource Allocation||Security|
Detailed agenda: Grid Operations Meeting 18 June 2012 14h00 Amsterdam time
|EVO direct link||Pwd: gridops|
|EVO details||Indico page|
1. Middleware releases and staged rollout
1.1 EMI release status
EMI update, from Cristina Aiftimiei.
1.2 Staged rollout - Towards UMD2
To have an overview of the status of EMI2 products under SW provisioning please take a look into:
- Products under Verification now will come soon to staged rollout.
- All products have been released for SL5 and SL6.
- Unicore and ARC also for Debian6.
- Most of the products in SL5, support upgrade and reconfiguration from the EMI1 versions.
- In same cases, I have been also notifying EAs committed only for EMI1 products.
- It's always up to the EA to accept or reject any given test.
- Most of the high priority products as seen in EMI2priorities#EMI_2_priorities:_proposal are either under staged rollout or under verification.
- Any product released for one of the OSs should be released for the others OS(s). We are presently verifying and doing staged rollout of SL5 and SL6 almost in parallel for any given product.
- BDII-site, BDII-top, LFC and DPM in SL5 will not go under SW provisioning, but will pass directly to the release area, this is because the versions already released in production in EMI1 and UMD1 are the same, as the ones in EMI2 -> UMD2.
- New fixed repositories: From now on there are 2 new UMD repositories that all sites can use to get the new versions from the moment they are available from the technology providers.
- Repo testing contains all packages of products under staged rollout at any given moment.
- Repo untested contains all packages of products under verification at any given moment.
- Those repositories configuration will be available together with the production ones, they will be disabled by default, but the site admins can enable them for any service if they wish to do so.
- Those repositories can already be used today.
2. Operational Issues
3.1 Previous actions
In the previous meeting, there was an agenda point about sites not publishing UserDN. The needed actions to correctly re-publish the usage records missing the UserDN will be defined tomorrow during the OMB.
3.2 Seminars from NGI_UK
In the next three weeks NGI_UK is organizing three webcast seminars about the following topics:
- APEL: June 20th
- GOCDB: June 27th
- Training Marketplace: July 4th
More information here.
EVO and Access Grid connections will be available for interested people.
http://repository.egi.eu/category/umd_releases/ provides access to software by capability and by release. It would be handy to have an additional categorization by product.
Minutes available here.
3.3 Next meetings
Proposed date: July 2nd 2012, 14:00 CET