|Main||EGI.eu operations services||Support||Documentation||Tools||Activities||Performance||Technology||Catch-all Services||Resource Allocation||Security|
Detailed agenda: Grid Operations Meeting 16 April 2012 14h00 Amsterdam time
|EVO direct link||Pwd: gridops|
|EVO details||Indico page|
1. Middleware releases and staged rollout
1.1 EMI release status
1.2 Staged Rollout
EMI1 products under staged rollout (RT ticket number, product):
- 3319 EMI.dcache.sl5.x86_64-1.9.15
- 3471 EMI.lfc_oracle.sl5.x86_64-1.8.2
EMI1 products under verification:
- 3686 EMI.blah.sl5.x86_64-1.16.5 - affects CREAM
- 3687 EMI.dpm.sl5.x86_64-1.8.3
- 3688 EMI.lcg-util.sl5.x86_64-1.12.0 - affects UI and WN
- 3689 EMI.proxyrenewal.sl5.x86_64-1.3.25 - affects MyProxy
- 3690 EMI.lfc_mysql.sl5.x86_64-1.8.3
- 3691 EMI.lfc_oracle.sl5.x86_64-1.8.3
- 3692 EMI.wms.sl5.x86_64-3.3.5
IGE products in verification:
- 3384 IGE.saga.sl5.x86_64-1.6.1 - Need EAs or sites interested
- 3670 IGE.globus-gsissh.sl5.x86_64-4.3.5
- 3671 IGE.gridsam.sl5.x86_64-2.3.1
- 3672 IGE.gridway.sl5.x86_64-5.10.1 - Need EAs or sites interested
- 3673 IGE.gsisshterm.sl5.x86_64-1.3.3
- 3674 IGE.globus-gram5-ige.sl5.x86_64-5.2.0
- 3675 IGE.gridsafe.sl5.x86_64-1.0.1 - Need EAs or sites interested
- 3676 IGE.security-integration.sl5.x86_64-2.1.0
- 3677 IGE.ogsadai.sl5.x86_64-4.2.1 - Need EAs or sites interested
- Need EAs for SL6 all products
- Need EAs for Devian: ARC, Unicore, emi-ui and emi-wn
2. Operational Issues
2.1 Proposal: EGI policy for the usage of TMPDIR variable
Jobs need to know where the scratch space for temporary files is.
- A worker node should provide scratch space as requested by the VO in the VO ID card, and the location must be known to the user's code
- There should be an uniform behavior across the sites
- In a grid job’s environment, the TMPDIR variable must always contains the path to the location that can be used by the job as a scratch area for temporary files
- If the TMPDIR variable is not set, the jobs can consider the current working directory as the assigned scratch area.
- The scratch area should have enough free space to fulfill the VO ID card requirements (if it does not, users should open a GGUS ticket VS the site)
- The current version of the policy does not assume that the scratch areas are shared between worker nodes. This document will be refined to include also this information (the location of a shared area if needed by parallel jobs) in the job’s environment, or a new policy will be released.
- More in general, this policy does not assume that the scratch area has any specific feature, but the disk space.
- If the TMPDIR variable contains an invalid path, this does not mean that the job’s current workdir can be considered the assigned scratch area. This is a configuration error and the users should open a GGUS ticket VS the affected site.
Provide feedback in the next two weeks, you can disseminate it among your site administrators (specifying that it is a proposal!!).
2.2 Top-BDII availabilities for April
- Top-BDIIs availability tables for April 2012
- 4 NGIs well under the OLA target
- It was a good month (hopefully not just a lucky month)
- The NGIs failing to reach the target in April, failed also in March. They need to implement some improvements in their top-bdii configuration.
- TF is in September 2012, in Prague
- Technology providers (EMI, IGE) have provided their availability for workshop/training sessions, possible topics:
- New products available in EMI-2
- New features introduced in the latest releases
- ..? Is there need for workshops on specific topics?