|EGI Inspire Main page|
|Inspire reports menu:||Home •||SA1 weekly Reports •||SA1 Task QR Reports •||NGI QR Reports •||NGI QR User support Reports|
1. Task Meetings
|Date (dd/mm/yyyy)||Url Indico Agenda||Title||Outcome|
|weekly (phone): Participants Maria Dimou, Helmut Dres, Guenter Grein||https://www.egi.eu/indico/categoryDisplay.py?categId=27||"shopping list" meeting||traceable at: https://savannah.cern.ch/projects/esc/ and https://rt.egi.eu/rt/Dashboards/2636/GGUS-Requirements|
|monthly (web conf): Representatives from EMI, EGI, IGE, NGIs, GGUS team, WLCG||https://indico.egi.eu/indico/categoryDisplay.py?categId=78||GGUS Advisory Board (GGUS-AB) meeting||Further development of GGUS system|
|need driven||no INDICO URL||one on one meetings with NGI interface developers||testing the interfaces, resolving interface issues|
|need driven||no INDICO URL||meetings with EGI-SA2||definition of the technology support workflows and their implementation|
2. Main Achievements
New report ETA accuracy introduced in the Report Generator.
Decommissioned support units
- "EMI QA"
- "EMI Testbeds"
- "EMI Release Management"
- "EMI Common"
- "EMI Common Data Library"
- "gLite VOBOX"
- "gLite UI"
- "gLite WN"
Renamed support units
- "IGE" -> "EGCF"
- "gLite WMS" -> "WMS"
Merged support units
- "SAGA-SD" + "SAGA" -> "SAGA"
- "MPI User Support" + "MPI" -> "MPI"
- "APEL EMI" + "APEL" -> "APEL"
New support units
Introduced new VO
Review of VOs with low number of tickets or without any tickets in GGUS and checking the members of the VO mailing lists.
GGUS web portal
- New "Did you knows?" about the following topics:
- Changes with the end of EMI. - Notification on re-opening alarm tickets.
- Renewed GGUS service certificate used for signing alarm notifications.
- Renewed GGUS host certificate.
- A SAML/Shibboleth based access to GGUS is implemented on the test instance. Testing is ongoing.
- Updated documentation in EGI wiki.
- Automated work flow for tickets waiting for submitter input.
- Introduced quality of service levels.
- New work flow for tickets waiting for PT input.
- Email notification to the agreed "Emergency email" address when an ALARM ticket gets re-opened.
Interfaces with other ticketing systems
- Fixed bugs in interface to CERN SNOW.
Alarm tests after GGUS releases
- Executed the alarm and interface tests after each GGUS release.
- Moved GGUS test instance to the new high availability structures for testing the processes.
3. Issues and Mitigation
|Issue Description||Mitigation Description|
|Collaboration of GGUS and PRACE||This action is postponed as it has only low priority for PRACE at the moment.|
|Collaboration of GGUS and MAPPER||MAPPER decided to use an xGUS instance. Setting up the xGUS instance is work in progress.|
|Collaboration of GGUS and DANTE||A meeting with DANTE representatives is planned for the EGI CF in Madrid.|
4. Plans for the next period
- Integration of Operations Portal in GGUS. This action is postponed as requested by Operations Portal admins.
- Fully integrate CMS VO in GGUS and retire interface to Savannah.
- Migrate GGUS shopping list from Savannah to JIRA.
- Notification of failures of operational tools through GGUS.
- Work flow for tickets needing information about UMD releases when issue was solved by PT.
GGUS web portal
- Implement a bulk submit feature.