|EGI Inspire Main page|
|Inspire reports menu:||Home •||SA1 weekly Reports •||SA1 Task QR Reports •||NGI QR Reports •||NGI QR User support Reports|
|Quarterly Report Number||NGI Name||Partner Name||Author|
|QR 12||NGI_DE||Germany||Jie Tao|
1. MEETINGS AND DISSEMINATION
Note: Complete the tables below by adding as many rows as needed.
1.1. CONFERENCES/WORKSHOPS ORGANISED
1.2. OTHER CONFERENCES/WORKSHOPS ATTENDED
|Date||Location||Title||Participants||Outcome (Short report & Indico URL)|
|March12-13, 2013||Karlsruhe, Germany||WICK GDB Meeting||NGI-DE KIT staff||Cloud discussion, EMI 3, information system, etc. https://indico.cern.ch/conferenceDisplay.py?confId=197801|
|April 8-12, 2013||Manchester, UK||EGI Community Forum||NGI-DE sites (KIT, DESY, FZJ, LRZ)||Experience exchange, problem discussion, etc. https://indico.egi.eu/indico/conferenceDisplay.py?ovw=True&confId=1222|
|April 15-19, 2013||Bologna, Italy||Hepix 2013 workshop for the HEP site computers administrators||NGI-DE site DESY-HH||report, discussion|
|April 24-25, 2013||Linköping, Schweden||EGI-CSIRT face-to-face meeting||NGI-DE security staff||Activity planning 2013/14|
|Publication title||Journal / Proceedings title|| Journal references
Pages from - to
| Authors |
|<Publication title>||<Journal/Proceedings>|| Vol:<volume number>
Pg: <from> - <to>
| 1.<Author 1>|
2. ACTIVITY REPORT
2.1. Progress Summary
NGI_DE keeps smoothly operating Grid services in the region. Hardware capacities (storage & CPU) was kept increasing. The ROD shift ran well. Software was updated to the latest version.
2.2. Main Achievements
The following are concrete achievements of the NGI-DE sites:
- ITWM participated in EMI staged rolled EMI WN, TORQUE client, and EMI DPM; started the migration of services from EMI-2 to EMI-3; completed the installation of CVMFS while validation is pending; operated GOCDB failover instance (readonly). For the next quarter ITWM plans to continue the participation in staged rollout and to increase storage connected fornax-se2.itwm.fhg.de.
- FZJ added JUDGE compute resource.
- DESY-HH ran smoothly with ~8.000 job slots and ~6PB storage.
- KIT enlarged the tape storage and all middleware services were updated to EMI2/3 version.
2.3. Issues and mitigation
|Issue Description||Mitigation Description|
|DESY-HH worries about the unclear future of the support for the grid (glite/emi) middleware|