Answers to the questions of the VT_Website_Content:
- Official name of NGI
- National Grid Initiative for Germany (NGI-DE)
- in German: Nationale Grid Initiative für Deutschland (NGI-DE)
- Who is the NGI Liaison?
- Andreas Heiss (NIL)
- Do you have a deputy for the NGI Liaison?
- Wilhelm Bühler (NILD)
- Support contact
- Helpdesk portal https://helpdesk.ngi-de.eu/ (feel free to ask NIL or NILD, if it’s not a support request)
- Operations contact
- Dimitri Nilsen (NGI-DE Operations Manager)
Mission & goals
- Please give us a 50-100 words description of your NGI, stating mission and goals.
- The mission of NGI-DE is to provide reliable access to and collaborative use of federated IT resources from scientific communities for science in Germany and worldwide.
Organisation & governance
- How is the NGI organised?
- Gauß Allianz e.V. has given the mandate to a set of partners (JRU) to operate the NGI.
- If your NGI has more than one partner, please list them here
- The JRU partners are:
- D-Grid GmbH
- Deutsches Elektronen-Synchrotron DESY
- Deutsches Forschungsnetz e.V.
- Forschungszentrum Jülich GmbH
- Fraunhofer ITWM, SCAI
- Karlsruhe Institute of Technology
- Leibniz-Rechenzentrum der Bayerischen Akademie der Wissenschaften
- Leibniz Universität Hannover - Regionales Rechenzentrum für Niedersachsen
- Links and Logos: http://www.ngi-de.eu/64.php
- Which one is the lead institution?
- Karlsruhe Institute for Technology (KIT)
- Which one represents your NGI in the EGI Council?
- Gauß Allianz e.V.
Resources & users
- How many resource centres does your NGI have?
- NGI-DE provides the central services for 22 resource centres. No resources are owned by NGI-DE itself.
- How many users do you support?
- NGI-DE serves about 1.500 users
- How many VOs do you support?
- 42 VOs are registered.
- Please highlight the top VOs in your country
- The list of VOs includes
- Which research fields are the most active in your country?
- Astronomy, Astrophysics and Astro-Particle Physics
- High-Energy Physics
- Life Sciences
Events & publications
- Does your NGI publish a regular newsletter/ annual report/ case studies /books?
- Does your NGI organise a yearly event (e.g. a workshop series, a school)?