|EGI Inspire Main page|
The first page of the document (along with the header and footer) contains metadata that needs to be reviewed and completed:
- Title: This must be the title of the milestone or deliverable as described in the Description of Work.
- Deliverable/Milestone code: e.g. D1.1 or MS101. Delete if not required.
- Document identifier: With a correctly formulated filename (see ‘Naming Convention’) this field can be updated in MS Word by highlighting, right clicking and selecting ‘Update Field’.
- Date: This field records the last date the document was saved and can be updated in MS Word by highlighting, right clicking and selecting ‘Update Field’.
- Activity: Enter the work package name (WP1, WP2, etc.) that is producing this document.
- Lead Partner: Enter the recognised shortname within the EGI-InSPIRE project of the lead partner.
- Document Status: This will move through the following states for milestones and deliverables:
- TOC (Table of Contents)
- AMB/PMB Review
- Dissemination Level: This indicates the final dissemination level of the document:
- INTERNAL: The document is internal to the project consortium and will not be passed onto the European Commission or the reviewers.
- CONFIDENTIAL: The document is available to the project and the European Commission and its staff and reviewers, but must not be disclosed any further.
- PUBLIC: The document is publicly available.
- Document Link: The URL in the EGI document repository that provides access to the document.
- Abstract: An abstract describing the document’s contents and main conclusions. On submission of the final version this should be entered into the relevant field in the repository metadata.
The document title must be repeated into the header and before submitting a new version to the document repository the date and filename fields in the header must be updated.
When creating the entry in the document repository there are a number of compulsory metadata fields that need to be completed. These should be copied from the document metadata where duplicated:
- Notes and changes
- Media type:
- Document: A written document: i.e., deliverable, milestone, policy document, etc.
- Presentation: A presentation given for the EGI-InSPIRE project.
- Other: Multi-media content, poster, etc.
- Submitter: Select the person submitting the document.
- Authors: Select the people involved in writing significant portions of the document.
- View: Select the groups able to view the document. Documents that are drafts may be restricted to the groups within the project that are working on the document. Documents that are complete must be marked public unless they are marked for distribution just inside the project.
- Modify: The ‘office’ group must me marked as able to modify the document.
- Topics: Select the topics relevant for the material. These will generally include ‘EGI-InSPIRE’, the work package or committee/board that the material is coming from, the material type (deliverable, milestone, etc.)
- Any milestone/deliverable from EGI-InSPIRE would minimally have the topics ‘EGI-InSPIRE’, the document type (‘Milestone’ or ‘Deliverable’) and the work package selected.
- Collecting input from within an EGI-InSPIRE activity for a document that is not a milestone or deliverable would minimally have the topics ‘EGI-InSPIRE’, the ‘Internal document’ as the document type, and the work package selected.
- There are also documents that are generated within the community that go beyond the scope of just the EGI-InSPIRE project (e.g. operational policy documents) would minimally have the topics ‘EGI’, ‘Policy’ and ‘Operations’ selected.