|EGI Inspire Main page|
|Inspire reports menu:||Home •||SA1 weekly Reports •||SA1 Task QR Reports •||NGI QR Reports •||NGI QR User support Reports|
|Quarterly Report Number||NGI Name||Partner Name||Author|
1. MEETINGS AND DISSEMINATION
1.1. CONFERENCES/WORKSHOPS ORGANISED
|Date||Location||Title||Participants||Outcome (Short report & Indico URL)|
|Publication title||Journal / Proceedings title||Journal references
Pages from - to
2. ACTIVITY REPORT
2.1. User Support achievements
During PQ10 NGI_IT user support activities for new communities focused on the following main areas:
- the definition of the grid interfaces for the EMSO project data (http://www.emso-eu.org/), in particular for the NEMO-1 experiment offshore Catania. The work was presented at the TF12 in Prague
- the improvement, according to the user community requirements, of IGI Portal high level web interfaces for the NEMO ocean modelling framework (http://www.nemo-ocean.eu/) created during PQ9. This work has been presented at the TF12 in Prague.
- the improvement of interfaces the IGI Portal interfaces for the ANSYS software as requested by the INFN SPES experiment community. The porting of the application ( a licensed one) was completed during PQ9. This work has been presented at the TF12 in Prague
- the continuation of the activity started in the previous quarters to improve the HPC support within the IGI infrastructure. This activity is in collaboration with various Italian sites and user communities to setup an HPC/MPI/Multicore testbed to test the readiness of the infrastructure for porting of various small and medium coupled parallel applications, i.e. the Einstein Toolkit, NAMD (http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/namd/), RegCM(http://gforge.ictp.it/gf/project/regcm/), AVU-GSR for the ESA GAIA Mission (http://sci.esa.int/science-e/www/area/index.cfm?fareaid=26), Quantum Espresso (http://www.quantum-espresso.org/), NEMO ocean model (http://www.nemo-ocean.eu/). An abstract on this activity has been accepted for the PDP2013 conference (http://www.pdp2013.org/index.html)
- A new user community (the Institute for Atmospheric Science and Climate of the National Reasearch Council - Bologna department) has been contacted and an application of them has been ported to the Grid. A small production has been carried out, we are investigating the possibility to increase the scale of the production and the creation of high level web interface through the IGI portal. Their application is called GLOBO and is a self developed climate forescast model.
- the support to various COMPCHEM communities and applications, in particular effort was devoted to improve the porting of CRYSTAL (http://www.crystal.unito.it/) started in the previous PQs
- the organisation and participation to various COMPCHEM meetings focused on the further structuring of the COMPCHEM VO, on the relationships with other VOs and on new Grid services and applications to be offered to the VO.
- the organisation of various COMPCHEM training events, including the"Training Grid at the 7th International Intensive Course of the European Master in Theoretical Chemistry and Computational Modelling (TCCM) and the "Training Grid” workshop at the Clean Combustion community in Sofia during the COST meeting 2012 (http://www.cost-meeting-2012.eu/)
- the participation to the TF12 with five contributions in collaboration with the communities we supported in the previous quartes: i) EMSO ESFRI projects data management, ii) blood circlulation simulation through OPENFOAM in collaboration with the Mario Negri pharmacolocical Institute iii) ANSYS licensed application porting in collaboration with the INFN SPES experiment iv) Porting the NEMO oceanographic framework v) TopHat to perform alignenemts of RNA-Seq reads to a genome in order to identify exon-exon splice junctions in collaboration with the Mario Boella institute.
- the support to the IGI/INFN Fifth Grid school for site administrators
- the participation to various EGI VTs
During PQ11 we plan to continue the activities started in the previous quarters and we will perform actions towards the Italian Earth Science community, in particular for what concerns the porting of atmospheric models to the Grid.
Moreover we would like to strengthen our collaboration with the Italian Elixir community in order to participate more actively to the EGI-ELIXIR Virtual Team and to support more application and use cases from the genome sequencing communities.
We plan to support the effort of the Chemistry and Molecular & Materials Science and Technology community to activate a virtual team to assemble out of the existing VOs a VRC and to aim at building the so called High Performance Grid (HIPEG). Within this effort a workshop at ICCSA 2013 (to be held in June, Vietnam) and a special session at EUCO CC 2013 (to be held in September, Sopron, Hungary) will be held during which related developments will be discussed.
2.3. Issues and mitigation
|Issue Description||Mitigation Description|