|Overview||For users||For resource providers||Infrastructure status||Site-specific configuration||Architecture|
|Federated Cloud Communities menu:||Home •||Production use cases •||Under development use cases •||Closed use cases •||High level tools use cases|
- Status: Production
- Start Date: 2013
- End Date: In production from 09/11/2014
- Cloud sites: BIFI, CESNET-MetaCloud, PRISMA-INFN-BARI
- Virtual Organisation: biomed
- EGI.eu contact: Nuno Ferreira / email@example.com
- External contact: Cherian Mathew / c.mathew@BGBM.ORG
BioVeL is a virtual e-laboratory that supports research on biodiversity issues using large amounts of data from cross-disciplinary sources. BioVeL offers the possibility to use computerised "workflows" (series of data analysis steps) to process data, be that from one's own research and/or from existing sources. BioVeL is funded through the European Community 7th Framework Programme and is free and available to use via the Internet.
OpenRefine: it is a powerful tool for working with messy data, cleaning it, transforming it from one format into another, extending it with web services, and linking it to databases. Open Refine was initially developed and maintained by Google. The service has been extended to add functionality specific to biodiversity data.
Deploy OpenRefine on the EGI Federated Cloud.
- 1/2 virtual machines with 2 cores and 4GB of RAM
- BioVel project web site: http://www.biovel.eu/
- Documentation: https://wiki.biovel.eu/display/doc/BioVeL+Open+Refine
- Data Refinement Workflow: The service API is used as the application of choice for the Data Cleaning section.