|Overview||For users||For resource providers||Infrastructure status||Site-specific configuration||Architecture|
|Federated Cloud Communities menu:||Home •||Production use cases •||Under development use cases •||Closed use cases •||High level tools use cases|
- Status: Assessed
- Start Date: 2013
- End Date: -
- EGI.eu contact: Nuno Ferreira / firstname.lastname@example.org
- External contact: Cherian Mathew / c.mathew@BGBM.ORG
BioVeL is a virtual e-laboratory that supports research on biodiversity issues using large amounts of data from cross-disciplinary sources. BioVeL offers the possibility to use computerised "workflows" (series of data analysis steps) to process data, be that from one's own research and/or from existing sources. BioVeL is funded through the European Community 7th Framework Programme and is free and available to use via the Internet.
EDIT is a portal to access/visualize Catalogue of Life taxonomy data.
Deploy the EDIT portal on the EGI Federated Cloud.
- 3 virtual machines with 1 core and 4GB of RAM
- BioVel project web site: http://www.biovel.eu/
- Documentation: https://wiki.biovel.eu/display/doc/EDIT+Name+Catalogue
- Data Refinement Workflow: The service API is used in the Taxonomic Name Resolution section as well as the Data Cleaning section of the workflow. The datasource used for BioVeL is an import of the Species 2000 Catalogue of Life data.