- 1 GGUS-Alarm-Tickets
- 1.1 What is the purpose of alarm tickets?
- 1.2 Who can submit alarm tickets?
- 1.3 How can alarm tickets be submitted?
- 1.4 Which sites are involved in the alarm tickets process?
- 1.5 Which VOs are participating?
- 1.6 How are alarm tickets being processed?
- 1.7 How do I resolve alarm tickets?
- 1.8 Where can I find out the contact persons of the VOs and the eligible (Tier-0/Tier-1 sites?
- 1.9 What documentation is available on team tickets?
- 1.10 What if I have questions which are not dealt with by this FAQ?
What is the purpose of alarm tickets?
The purpose of ALARM tickets is to notify WLCG Tier-0 and Tier-1 administrators about serious problems of the site at any time, independent from usual office hours.
Who can submit alarm tickets?
Only experts, nominated by the WLCG VOs are allowed to submit alarm tickets. They need to have the appropriate permissions in GGUS user database.
How can alarm tickets be submitted?
Alarm tickets can be submitted using the GGUS web portal.
Which sites are involved in the alarm tickets process?
Only the Tier-0 & Tier-1 sites are involved in the alarm tickets process. The WLCG Tier-0/Tier-1 site names can be used as well as the relevant GOC DB site names.
Which VOs are participating?
Participating VOs are:
How are alarm tickets being processed?
Alarm tickets are routed to the NGI/ROC the tier site belongs to automatically. They do not need a routing by the TPM. The NGI/ROC is notified about the ticket in the usual way. In parallel the site receives an alarm email signed with a GGUS certificate. This alarm email is processed at the Tier-0/Tier-1 and notifies the relevant people at any time. Detailed information is available in the GGUS FAQs.
How do I resolve alarm tickets?
For resolving team tickets please use the GGUS portal. A reference link is provided in the team email.
Where can I find out the contact persons of the VOs and the eligible (Tier-0/Tier-1 sites?
Alarm mail addresses are taken from GOC DB for EGI sites and from OIM for OSG sites.
VOMS is used by GGUS as the information source for authorised alarmers.
Authorised alarmers in the VO are stored in VOMS. To obtain a list of their names/DNs use a
vomrs client following instructions on:
https://twiki.cern.ch/twiki/bin/view/LCG/OperationsAlarmsPage or contact your VO Admin via:
What documentation is available on team tickets?
- FAQ GGUS-Alarm-Ticket-Process
- File:GGUS Graph ALARM Ticket Process.pdf
- FAQ GGUS-Alarmer-Registration
What if I have questions which are not dealt with by this FAQ?
Please submit a GGUS ticket.