|EGI-Engage Competence centres:||Main page||ELIXIR||BBMRI||MoBrain||DARIAH||LifeWatch||EISCAT_3D||EPOS||Disaster Mitigation |||EGI-Engage Knowledge Commons|
EGI develops the 'Knowledge Commons' of the Open Science Commons by supporting the work of science community-specific Competence Centres. Each of these are distributed centres where national e-infrastructure initiatives, user communities (scientific institutes), technology and service providers join forces. Competence Centres collect and analyse requirements, integrate community-specific applications into state-of-the-art services, foster interoperability across e-Infrastructures, and evolve services through a user-centric development model.
The work of 8 competence centres were co-funded in the SA2 work package of the EGI-Engage project. The support continues in the EOSC-hub project between 2018-2020, with another 8 CCs (out of which 4 are the same than in EGI-Engage). The respective WPs in these projects are led by Gergely.Sipos@egi.eu.
List of Competence Centres
|Name||Competence Centre Leader||Deputy/Technical
|Members' email list||Competence Centre's Workspace|
|ELIXIR Competence Centre||Tommi Nyrönen
|Kimmo Mattila (firstname.lastname@example.org)||email@example.com||CC-ELIXIR|
|BBMRI Competence Centre||Petr Holub Petr Holub
|MoBrain Competence Centre||Alexandre M.J.J. Bonvin
(a.m.j.j.bonvin AT uu.nl)
|DARIAH Competence Centre||Karolj Skala
|LifeWatch Competence Centre||Jesus Marco de Lucas
|EISCAT_3D Competence Centre||Ingemar Häggström
|EPOS Competence Centre||Daniele Bailo
|Disaster Mitigation Competence Centre||Simon Lin
(Eric.Yen AT twgrid.org)
A sortable table with the deliverables and milestones of the Competence Centres is available at CC-MilestonesDeliverables
Resources for Competence Centres
Every competence centre has a dedicated members' email list. These are listed above and are in the form: cc-<NAME> AT mailman.egi.eu.
- List membership requires an EGI SSO account and this can be created at http://www.egi.eu/sso.
- The coordinator of the CC can subscribe you onto the email list at https://www.egi.eu/sso/user.
The coordinators of all competence centres can be reached through the firstname.lastname@example.org email list.
- The main entry point for Competence Centres is https://wiki.egi.eu/wiki/EGI-Engage:Competence_centres (this page). Within this every Competence Centre has a dedicate workspace. These are linked to the table above and are in the form "https://wiki.egi.eu/wiki/CC-<NAME>".
- The Competence Centres page is within the WP6 (SA2) work package space (EGI-Engage:WP6_(SA2)_Knowledge_Commons)
- All these pages can be edited by every member of the EGI-Engage project. Should any of your Competence Centre members unable to edit your pages then please contact Malgorzata Krakowian <email@example.com>.
- Competence Centres can create new agenda pages within the EGI Indico in this folder: http://indico.egi.eu/indico/categoryDisplay.py?categId=139.
- The CC leaders have admin rights in this folder and can grant this to their members to their CC-specific subfolders as needed.
Competence Centres can organise online tele/video conference meetings using the EGI Gotomeeting system. Please consult with Gergely.Sipos@egi.eu for booking details.
Competence Centres can use the EGI Document Database for the management and sharing of their documents. Access can be controlled via the EGI SSO system thus a document can be e.g. shared with CC members, with specific collaborators, or with the general public. Read and Write access can be controlled separately.
- Document template for EGI-Engage milestones and deliverables: https://documents.egi.eu/document/2501. Three types of templates exist:
- For 'REPORT' type deliverables/milestones
- For 'DEMONSTRATOR/PROTOTYPE' type deliverables/milestones
- For 'OTHER' (i.e. production software or services) type deliverables/milestones
Competence Centres can use the EGI RT system for requirement collection and analysis. Dedicated queues can be setup in the RT system for any of the Competence Centres on request. Such a queue can offer a placeholder for tickets that describe requirement - typically about cloud, AAI, HTC, data, gateways or other technical topics.
Want to join?
- CCs are open for any institute to join. They can bring scientific, technological expertise, services or users into the collaboration. - Email your joining request to the coordinator of the respective CC.
- We can establish additional CCs for any scientific community that wish to engage with EGI in this manner. Email Gergely.Sipos@egi.eu with your request.