|EGI Inspire Main page|
|Inspire reports menu:||Home •||SA1 weekly Reports •||SA1 Task QR Reports •||NGI QR Reports •||NGI QR User support Reports|
|Quarterly Report Number||NGI Name||Partner Name||Author|
1. MEETINGS AND DISSEMINATION
1.1. CONFERENCES/WORKSHOPS ORGANISED
|Date||Location||Title||Participants||Outcome (Short report & Indico URL)|
|28th November 2012||Zagreb||Day of the e-infrastructure||70||http://www.cro-ngi.hr/dan/2012/|
|Publication title||Journal / Proceedings title||Journal references
Pages from - to
2. ACTIVITY REPORT
2.1. User Support achievements
University Computing Center – SRCE held the first Day of the e-infrastructure on 28th November 2012 in Zagreb. Program of the first e-infrastructure was dedicated to the exchange of knowledge, experience and reflection of the demand for further development and use of all elements of e-infrastructure, from the main network, via grid computing, HPC and cloud infrastructure, authentication and authorization infrastructure (AAI), all to the data layers.
The event brought together users, sustainers, partners and financial contributors to the current e-infrastructure of research and education, approximately 70 participants.
The main conclusions of the first days of e-infrastructure are:
- there is a need for convergence of e-infrastructure layers in terms of interfaces and use policy to allow scientists unobstructed access to resources needed for their research;
- such (multilayer) ecosystem will greatly reduce the need for scientists to manage their operational network, computer or data infrastructures;
- initial elements of e-infrastructure ecosystems exist in Croatia, therefore it is now necessary to jointly work on the further development and sustainability of individual components;
- good environment and culture of cooperation, joint procurement, use and sharing of research resources, all those elements are important for success and efficiency of e-infrastructure.
2.3. Issues and mitigation
|Issue Description||Mitigation Description|