|EGI-Engage Project Office:||Contact details||Contracts, Minutes||Reimbursing procedures||Project reporting||Advance Payments||Financial reports||Project Administration Archive|
- DoW Amendment N4 Version date:2014-10-24; & EC amendment letter.
- PY5 plan final budget.
- CA table updated version in preparation
- DoW V217 Amendment N3 Version date: 2014-01-01; EC acceptance letter
- [CA table] updated version in preparation
- DoW V216 Amendment N2 Version date: 2012-05-01; EC acceptance
- CA table updated version May 2013 (DoW V216, amended from May 2012)
- DoW V215 updated following merge of NA2 and NA3 applicable from November 1st, 2011 - amemdment process submitted 23/05/12. EC acceptance letter
- CA table updated version May 2012(DoW V215, amended from Nov 1st)
- Grant Agreement (EC contract signed between the Commission and EGI.eu)
- Consortium Agreement (Agreement signed between Partners, including the contractual efforts and budget tables)
- DoW (Description of Work)
- EGI-InSPIRE Funding table distributed between Leads and JRUs
- EGI-InSPIRE A3 Form Budget tables consolidated for issuing the Final Grant Agreement
Project Reimbursement procedures
EGI.eu holds a budget to provide support for unfunded members of the new user communities and unfunded partners (primarily those in the ICPC, USA and Asia Pacific) to attend major EGI-InSPIRE events. It is also available to support the engagement of funded project partners that represent small or emerging NGIs,under certain conditions and after validation of the project Director.
The reimbursement is based on a lump sum for expenses and only available for external staff such as:
- participants of EGi-InSPIRE project.
Lump sum refunding rules
The amount of the lump sum includes 3 components, a variable travel component, a fixed subsistence component and a fixed registration component. All three being refunded distinctly and considering the geographical location of the external traveler visiting Europe:
- Asia/Transcontinental: 1200 travel + (180 subsistence+ 100 registration)*5 days
- USA/Mediterranean countries/International: 600 travel + (180 subsistence+ 100 registration)*5 days
- EU: 300 travel + (180 subsistence+ 100 registration)*5 days
The amount we will provide as a lump sum is determined by this formula.
From 2015 for an Asian partner and for 3 days of attendance at the Community Forum we would provide a lump sum of 2040€ for the costs. We would not refund more than this amount. If participation is extended to the whole week (5 days) it would be 2600€. The weekly compensation including reimbursement of 5-days conference registration cannot exceed 1700€ for business trip within EU, 2000€ for a business trip from the USA/Mediterranean countries/International and 2600 € for a business trip from Asia/Transcontinental.
The same model will apply in reverse for people travelling to Asia/Transcontinental, USA/Mediterranean countries/International and Europe. If you are in EU travelling to Asia/Transcontinental then it is the Asia/Transcontinental travel allowance plus the same registration and subsistence levels.
LUMP SUM SCHEME history: in 2014: Subsistence 150€/d (increased to 150€ per August 1st, 2013), Registration 100€/d, flight EU 250€, flight USA 500€, flight Asia (rest of the world) 1000€
The travelers shall use this reimbursement form. The form must be sent to our secretary Marie-Louise van der Weijde:
Principle concerning the lump sum reimbursement
Lump sum reimbursement can only apply to reimburse external people in the frame of an EC funded contract when EGI.eu has been allocated the funds specifically to do so.
- The reimbursement is not made pursuant to a detailed list of the expenses, although it requires proof that the trip has happened and the meeting or conference has been attended. Supporting documents are: invitation letter, boarding passes, conference registration receipt, signed attendees list if available;
- "One day" literally means turning up to and participating in the meeting and the sessions during the meeting;
- The lump sum reimbursements includes a flight cost reimbursement, a day compensation (subsistence, hotel and public transport), and a registration compensation (if needed to attend the meeting); Subsistence includes hotel and local transportation;
- The lump sum reimbursements will cover all costs including telephone, mini bar and any other exceptional expenses occurred. Other costs will not be refunded unless approved by the EGI.eu Director prior to travel;
- The lump sum compensations are based on the flight to a meeting in Europe.
EC financial guideline principle (en160112, pages 63-64-65) 1- Travel and subsistence allowances for staff taking part in the project. If such costs are reimbursed on the basis of a lump sum or per diem payment. It is the lump sum or per diem and not the actual costs that are considered to be eligible. 2- Procedure: The use of these flat rates is optional for the GA beneficiaries, who may opt for using real cost or the flat rate during the negotiations leading to the signature of the ECGA. The option chosen by a participant has to be used for any travel of this participant in the same grant, though it is possible to apply real costs or the usual practice of the beneficiary for its own personnel and, at the same time, use the flat rates for external experts/advisers needed for the project.