|Overview||For users||For resource providers||Infrastructure status||Site-specific configuration||Architecture|
Beaker Notebook in the EGI FedCloud
This guide is intended for researchers who want to use Beaker an open source tool for data analysis and visualization.
Beaker is a notebook-style development environment for working interactively with large and complex datasets. Its plugin-based architecture allows you to switch between languages or add new ones with ease, ensuring that you always have the right tool for any of your analysis and visualization needs.
The recommendation is to use a pre-configured image with Docker as the ones available in the EGI AppDB:
You can start that image as any other image available from AppDB:
- Go to the EGI Docker image entry in AppDB
- Check the IDs of the OCCI templates and endpoints to run the image for your VO at the selected site
- Use a ssh-key when creating the VM (check FAQ for more info)
- (Optional) Some sites may require the allocation of a public IP before you can log in
- Then you can either log in into the VM and use docker from there, or configure your docker client to connect to the remote VM.
For more details on how to use the EGI Docker images in the EGI FedCloud, please refer to this wiki.
Configure the Beaker Notebook
As soon as the VM is booting, to configure the Beaker Notebook via container run these commands:
]$ sudo apt-get -y update ]$ sudo apt-get install -y vim ]$ sudo docker run -v $HOME:/home/ubuntu/host -p 8800:8800 \ -t beakernotebook/beaker su -m beaker \ -c 'export PATH=$PATH:/usr/sbin && /home/beaker/src/core/beaker.command --public-server --connect-host <NOTEBOOK_IP> Unable to find image 'beakernotebook/beaker:latest' locally latest: Pulling from beakernotebook/beaker bf5d46315322: Pull complete 9f13e0ac480c: Pull complete e8988b5b3097: Pull complete 40af181810e7: Pull complete e6f7c7e5c03e: Pull complete [..] Connecting to https://<NOTEBOOK_IP>:8800/ Submit this password: 737c75n75kb0um1ttac