|EGI Inspire Main page|
|Inspire reports menu:||Home •||SA1 weekly Reports •||SA1 Task QR Reports •||NGI QR Reports •||NGI QR User support Reports|
|Quarterly Report Number||NGI Name||Partner Name||Author|
1. MEETINGS AND DISSEMINATION
1.1. CONFERENCES/WORKSHOPS ORGANISED
|Date||Location||Title||Participants||Outcome (Short report & Indico URL)|
|Jan, 11, 2012||Bologna, Italy||Workshop on IGI portal - Data Management||6 NGI_IT staff + 14 people from IGI partner||Start-up meeting about data management through web portals, a one day workshop to overview the different technical solutions for the handling of the data storage for the grid/cloud user and applications portals. Several use cases have been presented by IGI partner and Italian communities.|
|Dec, 13-14, 2011||Bologna, Italy||Security handling and monitoring in the INFN and IGI sites||27 (2 NGI_IT csirt + 25 site security officers)||This two days workshop has been organized together with the INFN security group, in order to review the following topics:
1) Incident response procedures adopted in EGI/IGI and national NREN 2) Tools and methods for the monitoring of site security 3) Tools and methods for the live incident response and post mortem analysis. Agenda: https://agenda.italiangrid.it/conferenceOtherViews.py?view=standard&confId=480
1.2. OTHER CONFERENCES/WORKSHOPS ATTENDED
|Date||Location||Title||Participants||Outcome (Short report & Indico URL)|
|Jan, 24-26, 2012||Amsterdam||User and General EGI Sustainability||6||workshop to overview the sustainability issues from the e-infrastructure and technology providers to consider the sustainability of the EGI ecosystem as a whole. Agenda: https://www.egi.eu/indico/conferenceDisplay.py?ovw=True&confId=709|
|Jan, 24-25, 2012||Amsterdam||WLCG TEG - Storage Management & Data Management||2||attendance and participation in the discussion panels for WLCG recommendations.https://indico.cern.ch/conferenceDisplay.py?confId=16568|
|Jan, 23, 2012||Amsterdam||WLCG TEG - Operations||3||attendance and participation in the discussion panels for WLCG. Recommendations: http://indico.cern.ch/conferenceDisplay.py?confId=161833|
|Dec, 13-16, 2011||Frascati, Italy||SuperB Workshop ||2||Talk on grid storage services for a distributed Tier1 sites. Agenda: http://agenda.infn.it/conferenceDisplay.py?confId=4107|
|Dec. 1, 2011||Amsterdam||Workshop “Towards an integrated information system”||1||To define a common and long terms strategy across EGI, EMI and IGE.Reported DMSU feedback on some BDII operational problems. Agenda: https://www.egi.eu/indico/conferenceDisplay.py?confId=654|
|Nov, 29 – Dec, 01, 2011||Manchester, UK||Biovel WorkShop Biovel EU Project||1||Talk on WebService developed to allow bioinformatics job submission to grid infrastructure, and Services for data management. Agenda(closed): [https://wiki.biovel.eu/display/BioVeL/MS2+-+Workshop+Manchester+-+presentations|
|Nov, 12-18, 2011||Seattle, USA||SuperComputing 2011||1||IGI Research Exhibitions: http://iebms.heiexpo.com/iebms/oep/oep_p2_details.aspx?sessionid=ej8fdlfg0ffkffpfelfcm&OrderNbr=4999|
|Nov, 17-18, 2011||Napoli, Italy||CMS Italian Community||1||Talk on optimization of grid services for Tier2/3 for CMS analysis. Agenda: https://indico.cern.ch/conferenceDisplay.py?confId=155566|
|Publication title||Journal / Proceedings title||Journal references
Pages from - to
2. ACTIVITY REPORT
2.1. Progress Summary
- We've started the migration of the Italian Core services to EMI/UMD 1, all core services and Sites are expected to migrate to EMI/UMD 1 by the end of QR8.
- The first release of the Italiang general purpose portal has been put in pre-production (https://portal.italiangrid.it). It is based on WS-PGRADE and the users authentication is based on INFN AAI (part of IDEM Federation). We plan to put it in production and to open it to all IDEM Federation by the end of QR8.
- Review and discuss the following procedures
- GOCDB roles restructuring proposal
- Resource Centre Decommissioning Procedure
- the changes in GOCDB for the registration of NGI services in order to produce NGI Availability/Reliability statistics
- EGI security assessment group started to carry out the deliverable D4.4.
- Other EGI SA1 activities:
- Collect and submit requirements to EMI
- Complete the EGI Global Services survey and NGI International Services survey
- Broadcast SA1 directives and surveys aimed for sites (SLURM support for CREAM)
- Security EGI/IGI
- Organization of the internal Security Workshop
- Coordination of two security incidents occurred in two Italian sites.
- Maintenance of the EGI-CSIRT training and dissemination wiki pages.
- Participation to the activities and phone conferences of the EGI-CSIRT group
- Contribution to the D4.4 deliverable "Security Risk Assessment of the EGI Infrastructure"
- HelpDesk system:
- Maintenance of the Italian HelpDesk system and evaluation of other solutions for the future IGI infrastructure.
- IGI online CA
- Study and design of the future IGI online CA. Requirements in term of security, EuGridPMA policies, hardware and software. Test installation of a first prototype based on a open source framework for the implementation of PKI systems.
- An evaluation activity has of SLURM has been started to understand the possibility to replace LRMS (pbs/torque and lsf) if supported by CREAM.
- We are working for the definition of a standard UR 2.0 in the OGF UR-WG. The discussion is underway on the format and which attributes should be present on the new version of UR.
- Partecipation Virtual team projects
- VT Federated Identity Providers Assessment
- ESFRI Contact List
- VT MPI within EGI
- VT EGU-GA-2012
- Inter NGI Usage Report
- We are providing Monthly reports on resources, accounting, central services and support. For each month different metrics have been collected in order to understand:
- Resource amount, availability and reliability.
- Resource usage per VOs, sites, IGI partner institutes.
- VOMS services usage
- Statistcs on support activity (number of opened and solved ticket per support unit)
2.2. Main Achievements
- Started setting up IPv6 testbed
- Finalized IPv6 survery for NGIs
- Documented IPv6 status on Wiki
- Collaborated with HEPiX IPv6 WG setting up node at GARR and providing testbed verification scripts for GridFTP
- Enrolled new HINTS users for testing HINTS
- Defined workplan schedule for HINTS
- Disseminated on PerfSONAR MDM tools towards NGIs
Plans for the next period
- Keep consolidating HINTS and providing the 64-bit architecture HINTS probe
- Continue the deployment campaing for HINTS
- Provide more structures support for PerfSONAR-MDM and disseminate about it by the Tier-2 sites, in collaboration with DANTE
- Restart (after re-installation) production HINTS server at GARR
- The first release of the Italiang general purpose portal has been put in pre-production (https://portal.italiangrid.it)
- 100% A/R in Dec 2011 for the TopBDII service
- Migration to EMI/UMD
- The WMS LB EMI 1 version has been installed in most of the INFN-CNAF, INFN-BA and INFN-CT production instances.
- The new WMSMon and balancer are now used to monitor and balance the new installations of WMS and LB.
- Top-BDII, VOMS and myproxy instances have been migrate to EMI/UMD.
- EGI Cloud TF
- Set up and test of the CNAF WNoDeS testbed with Torque/MAUI as batch system. It is working and under stress test
- Documentation about installation of WNoDeS on Torque/MAUI
- Documentation for the end user about usage of WNoDeS with CREAM-CE
- Development of the new version of WMSMonitor compatible with emiWMS/LB (SL5/64 platform)
- IGI IdP:
- Two IdP servers have been installed and configured. Also a Load Balancer has been installed for the 2 IdP servers. Basic tests have been performed.
- IGI has monthly reports on the infrastructure usage.
- Stage Rollout activities
2.3. Issues and mitigation
|Issue Description||Mitigation Description|
|GARR: Suffered major security accident at GARR, HINTS server hacked and unavailable||Security policy at GARR has been completely reviewed and hardened considerably.|
|GARR: DownCollector required upgrade to GOCDB4||Currenlty no manpower available for this.|
|INFN: NGI MyEGI is showing old data and org.nagios.MrsDirSize check is in waring status since end of December 2011 probably due to huge number of messages in rejected spool dir.||Problem with obsolete results into NGI metric result store as tracket into ggus https://ggus.eu/ws/ticket_info.php?ticket=76711|
|INFN: MPI is an issue in the Italian and European infrastructure.||An italian MPI task force will take care of MPI requirements of our user communities in order to customize the IGI release and to improve the user experience on MPI.|