|EGI DRIHAM collaboration menu:||Home •||Members •||Infrastructure •||Roadmap|
Note well. The detailed description of the computational and storage activity requirements to support DRIHM applications, both the highly parallel and less demanding ones, will be added to the wiki EGI-DRIHM collaboration wiki pages (June 15 - June 30 2013).
DRIHM VO Support
- June 15 - July 31 2013. Add the support for the DRIHM VO in the resources listed in the EGI testbed, including some Storage Elements to store the input and output data of the models and to test the file transfers to local resources (i.e. storage used by a portal).
- June 15 - July 31 2013. Enable the DRIHM VO in a couple of EGI scheduler service (i.e. gLite-WMS/LB), in order to test the facilities offered by these services (jobs bookeeping, rescheduling, resources matchmaking, Input/Output SandBox handling, etc.).
Services for DRIHM
June 15 - June 30 2013. Other services needed are: a VOMS server (already available for DRIHM), a file catalogue (i.e. gLite-LFC) and a MyProxy server.
15 June - 01 July 2013. Porting of the demanding model (i.e. WRF) to the Grid Environment in collaboration with the EGI/NGIs user support teams for some selected "Critical Cases" and preliminary tests of the Grid submission/data management. (using NGI general purpose VO if DRIHM is not deployed yet)
Define sites to support the demanding jobs
01 July - 15 August 2013. Identification of the testbed members willing to run demanding jobs, as the meteo models, with the indication of the maximum allowable parallelism degree.
Job submission testing
- Test the job submission (direct to CE and via WMS/LB) and data management from a command line user interface for the most demanding models on the DRIHM testbed - Performance evaluation of the infrastructure resources and services. 01 July - 31 Aug 2013
- Porting and preliminary tests for the submission of jobs and data management from a command line user interface of the less demanding applications (hydrologic and hydraulic models) - Performance evaluation of the infrastructure and investigation of the capabilities offered by the virtualization systems available within EGI that can be suitable to run these applications. 01 July - 31 Aug 2013
- Preliminary test for the submission of jobs from the DRIHM sci-bus-based portal to the EGI testbed resources. 01-30 September 2013
- Incremental setup and tests of the complete suite of DRIHM models on the testbed resources 1 October 2013 - June 2014 ?
November 2013 ? - end of the DRIHM project