VT OCCI CompCloud
General Project Information
- Full title: Dynamic Deployments for OCCI Compliant Clouds
- Leader: Marc-Elian Bégin, SixSq
- Mailing List: <none-yet>
- Meetings: <none-yet>
- Status: in progress
- Start Date: 01/05/2013
- Duration: 31/03/2014
- Task tracking: <none-yet>
EGI cloud users could take advantage of SlipStream's automation and coordination features, such that they can more easily create virtual machines and deploy added value applications, more efficiently build scientific platforms and do this in a multi-cloud environment.
The different activities proposed in this project are complementary and build incremental value and benefits for the identified stakeholders.
This project proposes to deliver to OCCI Compliant Clouds the possibility to dynalically provision complex multi-VM applications, whith elements of elastic behaviour, as well as an automatic image factory. For this, we propose to take advantage of the open source SlipStream solution.
All results from this project will be contributed to the SlipStream open source repository, or made available to the EGI user community, under a compatible open source license. This also means that all the scenarios used and developed in the project will only rely on open source software, such that they can be repeated or extended using open source software.
- OCCI Connector: contribute an OCCI connector to the open source SlipStream repository. [IN PROGRESS]
- Auto-Scale foundations: contribute to the foundations of an auto-scale feature to the open source SlipStream solution.
- Proof of concept: prove the ability to use SlipStream over the OCCI connector to deploy scientific applications, with elements of auto-scale.
- Marc-Elian Bégin, SixSq, project lead