SL5 & MySQL 5.0 vs. MySQL 5.X, x>=1
- January 9, 2012
- MySQL 5.0 covered under Oracle Lifetime Sustaining Support
- Per Oracle's Lifetime Support policy (http://www.mysql.com/support/), MySQL 5.0 is now covered under Oracle Sustaining Support. Users are encouraged to upgrade to MySQL 5.5.
- End of Product Lifecycle.
- Active development for MySQL Database Server version 5.0 has ended. Oracle offers various support offerings which may be of interest. For details and more information, see the MySQL section of the Lifetime Support Policy for Oracle Technology Products (http://www.oracle.com/us/support/lifetime-support/index.html).
- Please consider upgrading to a recent version.
- http://www.oracle.com/us/support/library/lifetime-support-technology-069183.pdf - page 19 - MySQL 5.0, 5.1 & 5.5
- Sustaining support
- receive technical support, including access to ... online support tools, knowledgebases, and technical support experts.
- benefit from:
- Major product and technology releases
- Technical support
- Fixes, updates, and critical patch updates created during the Premier Support stage
- Upgrade scripts created during the Premier Support stage
- does not include "New updates, fixes, security alerts, data fixes, and critical patch updates,[...], New upgrade scripts"
- mysql-*5.0.95* -> MySQL 5.0
- mysql51-*5.1.70* -> MySQl 5.1
- mysql55-*5.5.32* -> MySQL 5.5
- mysql-*5.1.71 -> MySQL 5.1
- Middleware dependancy on 'mysql-server':
- VOMS - emi-voms-mysql - confirmed it should work with MySQL 5.1, as on SL6, but not tested
- CREAM - emi-cream-ce - GGUS #106250
- DPM/LFC - puppetlabs/mysql dependancy on "mysql-server" - confermed it can be configured to work with MySQl 5.1, and the puppet guide was updated to reflect this:
- STORM - storm-backend-server - confirmed it should work with MySQL 5.1, as on SL6, but not tested
- L&B - glite-lb-server - WAITING for confirmation - tested in the verification testbed - wroks-as-expected
- WMS - emi-wms - WAITING for confirmation - tested in the verification testbed - wroks-as-expected