- 1 Meeting
- 2 News
- 3 Status of the products verification/staged rollout
- 4 Report from WLCG MW Officer
- 5 Updates from Technical Providers
- 6 Preview Repository
- 7 Discussions
- 8 AOB
- SL6 migration to UMD4 in progress
- Debian support for squeeze (6.0) has been reached (Feb2016) https://www.debian.org/News/2016/20160212
- Defining products to be pushed into UMD4, release before EGI Conference (6-8 April)
- dCache, Frontier, QCG
Status of the products verification/staged rollout
Ready tobe Released
Under Staged Rollout
Report from WLCG MW Officer
A Critical bug which causes file loss.has been discovered on the DPM dmlite-shell drain command released in DPM 1.8.10. One site in production has been affected. We have contacted the site admins trough the dpm-users-forum mailing list, maybe we should also send an EGI broadcast?
Updates from Technical Providers
Data management clients
Davix 0.6.0 has been pushed to epel-testing
- Jon will be away on parental leave until May 25.
- globus-gram-job-manager-14.27-3 (Testing: 2016-02-11, Stable: 2016-02-27) - Rebuild due to new build requirements from splitting perl package
xrootd 4.3.0 available in EPEL testing.
Please test it!
on Feb 23rd 2016 it was released Preview Repository 1.0.0 https://wiki.egi.eu/wiki/Preview_Repository
- The aim of Preview is making available in a single point the updates of the middleware products as soon as they are released by the product teams
- The first Preview release is a mirror of the EMI3 repository, containing the Update 29 (11.11.2015)
- Updates released on a monthly basis
- The first update should contain the latest STORM and VOMS updates (if no other products released anything)
- however, the EGI recommendation is using the UMD repositories because they contain software verified through the quality assurance process of UMD.
Next meeting: March 21th, 2016