UMD Release Team
|Technology||Software Component Delivery||Software Provisioning||UMD Middleware||Cloud Middleware Distribution||Containers Distribution||Technology Glossary|
|Software Provisioning menu:||Software Provisioning Process||UMD Release Process||Quality Assurance||UMD||Staged Rollout|
UMD Release Team - URT
URT is a coordination group, under the EGI Operations umbrella. The goal of URT is to continue some of the coordination activities carried out by the Europan middleware projects, keep the communications active betweeb product teams and to open a new communication channel between the EGI and the middleware developers.
The ultimate aim of URT is to keep releasing quality software, to be distributed in UMD.
All the product teams contributing with their software to the UMD releases should join the URT. More in general, product team influenced by products released in UMD may be interested in following the URT.
The participation to URT does not require any explicit commitment of the product team to EGI or UMD (e.g. there is no need to have an MoU in place with EGI to particiapte attend the URT), but a reasonable level of cooperation is advisable to make the URT activities effective and beneficial for both PTs and UMD work.
How to join URT
In order to join URT you need to:
- get an EGI SSO if you don't have one
- send an email to operations at egi.eu, asking to be added to the URT group; in the email please specify the Technology Provider you are representing, or other reasons to join the group
The procedure for joining the URT is available here.
Discussions & Actions
- POODLE & Latest Java Default Disable SSLv3 - middlware affected & updated versions
- Java 7 - as dependency of released products/components
- EPEL 7 - status of support of EPEL 7, together with SL7 or CentOS7
- Middleware support of MySQL v. 5.x, x>=1