|Main||EGI.eu operations services||Support||Documentation||Tools||Activities||Performance||Technology||Catch-all Services||Resource Allocation||Security|
|Documentation menu:||Home •||Manuals •||Procedures •||Training •||Other •||Contact ►||For:||VO managers •||Administrators|
Back to Troubleshooting Guide
Globus error 79: connecting to the job manager failed.
$ glite-wms-job-logging-info -v 2 https://wms221.cern.ch:9000/cFtw9svc7vBkj3GnvCHwOE [...] Event: Done [...] - Exit code = 1 [...] - Reason = Got a job held event, reason: Globus error 79: connecting to the job manager failed. Possible reasons: job terminated, invalid job contact, network problems, ... - Source = LogMonitor [...] - Status code = FAILED [...]
This problem can happen at least for these reasons:
- The CE to which the job was sent does not allow the WMS to connect to a port within the GLOBUS_TCP_PORT_RANGE defined on the CE:
- Either the GLOBUS_TCP_PORT_RANGE on the CE has an incorrect value,
- or it is not defined at all,
- or there is a firewall blocking the specified range.
NOTE: a direct globus-job-run may work for the CE because it does not use the two-phase commit feature of GRAM, while the WMS (Condor-G) depends on it.
- The job could not be submitted to the batch system. See Unspecified gridmanager error for details and suggestions.