|Main||EGI.eu operations services||Support||Documentation||Tools||Activities||Performance||Technology||Catch-all Services||Resource Allocation||Security|
|Documentation menu:||Home •||Manuals •||Procedures •||Training •||Other •||Contact ►||For:||VO managers •||Administrators|
Back to Administration FAQ
How to set up multiple CEs at one site
There are several possible reasons for setting up multiple CEs at one site:
- load sharing + failover redundancy
- very different hardware on different clusters
- resources located on separate networks
- multiple batch systems in use
- trying out a new version or implementation on a test machine
With YAIM one would typically give each CE its own site-info.def with definitions that are appropriate for the batch resources behind the CE.
Here it is important to prevent double counting of your CPUs in GStat: for a set of equivalent CEs (sharing the same batch resources) only one should publish the true values for GlueSubClusterPhysicalCPUs, while the others should publish zero. The corresponding YAIM variable is CE_PHYSCPU.