(Redirected from SA1.5-QR14)
|EGI Inspire Main page|
|Inspire reports menu:||Home •||SA1 weekly Reports •||SA1 Task QR Reports •||NGI QR Reports •||NGI QR User support Reports|
1. Task Meetings
|Date (dd/mm/yyyy)||Url Indico Agenda||Title||Outcome|
|16th-20th September||||EGI Technical Forum||ran a workshop and gave presentations in several other sessions.|
|27th August||OMB||presented on accounting at August meeting.|
|17th, 22nd October||, ||Horizon 2020 meetings|
|24th-25th September||||GridPP 31||UK Grid for LHC Collaboration Meeting|
2. Main Achievements
- JURA: assisted the JURA developers to create APEL compatible accounting software for ARC and test it. Now in production at several sites.
- QCG: assisted the QCG developers to create APEL compatible accounting software for QCG and test it. QCG is now in production at 2 sites and we are working with the Polish NGI to add more sites.
- Accounting data from Globus successfully tested (required changes to the code and database schema, see below)
- Implemented an updated version of the Aggregated Usage Records (AUR). Now in test.
- Assisting Unicore team with documentation
- EDGI (Desktop Grids) now in production
- We are continuing to assist sites migrating from EMI2 APEL to EMI3 APEL.
- We are assisting 2 sites to test the Regional APEL Server
- Data has been provided to the portal so that they can work on visualisation. Intend to test sending data regularly via the message broker network in the next quarter.
- Discussions to agree semantics of accounting record fields with various VM systems.
- New sites now publishing cloud accounting data.
- The portal team now has a dump of the data from the storage accounting database so that they can start work on visualising the data.
- We are continuing to assist in the development of an application accounting system and hope to test a development version in the next quarter. Work will be needed to create a message format for this data and to identify sites to test the system.
- Alison Packer left the APEL team. Stuart Pullinger has taken the project lead role.
- Adrian Coveney has joined the APEL team.
- Several network problems at the RAL site have affected the service this quarter. No data has been lost but some processing of accounting records has been delayed. More downtimes/outages are expected in the next quarter as the networking infrastructure is moved to a more reliable configuration and hardware.
3. Issues and Mitigation
|Issue Description||Mitigation Description|
|External clients sending small messages||Externally developed clients (JURA, QCG, EDGI, Globus) have been developed to send data in short messages. This puts an unnecessary load on the EGI message brokers and the APEL servers. In this quarter, we have worked with the developers to increase the size of the messages enabling the usage to scale more efficiently.|
|Migration script creating duplicate entries||The migration script provided to allow sites to migrate data from their EMI2 APEL database to their EMI3 APEL database when upgrading was found to create duplicate records in some cases. We are continuing to work with the affected sites and will release a fix in the next quarter.|
|Dropped connection issue||An issue was discovered with the SSM messaging client which caused unwanted behaviour (hanging or crashing) when the network connection was dropped. A fix is currently in test and will be released in the next quarter.|
4. Plans for the next period
- Continue moving cloud accounting to production. Review existing sites data for conformance to schema.
- Move Globus accounting to production
- Test sending MPI data to portal via SSM and the message brokers.
- Consider OGF UR implementation
- Start storage accounting deployment at real sites.
- Start campaign on EMI2-3 migration.