Resource Centre OLA: Release Notes V1.0
|Main||EGI.eu operations services||Support||Documentation||Tools||Activities||Performance||Technology||Catch-all Services||Resource Allocation||Security|
Resource Centre OLA v. 1.0
Download the Resource Centre OLA v1.0
This is the first version of the EGI Resource Centre OLA adopting the EGI operations terminology defined in the EGI Operations Architecture (EGI-InSPIRE deliverable D4.1).
Specifically, in this version:
- terminology: it was adapted and harmonized. Sites are now referred as Resource Centers (RCs). The EGEE Regional Operations Centre (ROC) entity is now more generically defines as Operations Centre. The infrastructure operated by the Operations Centre is defined Resource Infrastructure, and the legal entity responsible for it is the Resource infrastructure Provider. Service Level Availability is replaced by Operational Level Agreement in compliance with ITIL.
- responsibilities: the Resource Centre Operations Manager role was introduced to define the Resource Centre contact responsible of accepting the OLA and of making sure it is endorsed by the Resource Centre. The OLA clarifies that the accuracy of GOCDB information is a joint responsibility of the Resource Centre Operations Manager and of the Resource Provider Operations Manager.
- deployed middleware: any supported grid technology that complies to the UMD specification can be deployed. The minimum set of capabilities to be provided by a Resource Cente is relaxed in compliance with the current availability computation algorithm.
- deployed resources: all constraints concerning the minimum amount of resource capacity to be provided were removed.
- service quality parameters:
- the maximum response time to GGUS tickets is raised from 4 to 8 operating hours
- suspension policy: a Resource Centre that does not provide the minimum requested availability for three consecutive months is eligible to suspension. The minimum availability to be provided raised from 50% to 70%
- supported VOs: DTEAM and OPS need to be mandatorily supported by the Resource Centre for troubleshooting and monitoring purposes.
- change management: the OLA amendment procedure is now defined.