Questions to potential CDMI adopters
What is your use case in 2 sentences?
- What kind of persistent storage do you currently use?
- Are you using public cloud storage systems?
- if yes -> how do you organize access credentials?
- if no -> who owns your storage system?
- What methods are you using for manipulating the storage: cli/api/browser?
- could you name the technology behind? (or provide a link if it's exotic)
- Is being able to link to a dataset from a browser an improvement in your use case? 1.5 Is data migration is an issue for you? E.g. from one storage system to another?
- Would you be interested in participating in porting of your scenario to CDMI?
- Would you be interested in subscribing to Stoxy (CDMI-compliant storage proxy) updates?
- How do you provide access credentials to your current storage solution?
- What is the average bandwidth your storage clients have on upload/download?
- Would you benefit from server side processing? If so, what would it be? (e.g. filtering/resize, etc)
- If you are using OCCI-compliant IaaS - do you have a view how CDMI could fit it (possibly replacing existing non-stanard protocols?)
- How do you attach additional storage volumes?